Dr. Andrew Chambers is a psychiatrist practicing in Mechanicsville, VA. Dr. Chambers is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Chambers diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Chambers may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Chambers treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine 2010
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- University of Virginia Program
Andrew J Chambers MD's Practice location
Mechanicsville, VA 23116Get Direction
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22911Get Direction
Andrew J Chambers MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Trichotillomania: Risk Factors and Treatment
IntroductionTrichotillomania is a type of mental disorder, which involves an irresistible and recurrent urge to pull out one's hair from the scalp and other parts of the body with hair, in spite of having the desire to stop. Due to hair pulling, the scalp tends to have patchy bald spots, which can...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- The Connection Between Seasonal Affective Disorder and Fibromyalgia
With winter on everyone's doorstep and the snow that comes with it, there are a few people who cannot enjoy the winter as much as other people for one reason or another.For those who have seasonal affective disorder, they usually do not feel as comfortable as others once the weather changes....
- What are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger’s syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate, interact, and socialize with others. This is a type of autism spectrum disorder, and many of the symptoms of this disorder are similar to symptoms found in autism. Generally, Asperger's is not as...
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- Dr. Padmini Balasankar-Atri MD2008 Bremo Rd Richmond VA 23226
- Anna Maria Zita Moldovan10299 Woodman Road Glen Allen Virginia 23060
- Miriam K. Pizzani5855 Bremo Road Richmond Virginia 23226
- Dr. Bruce Robert Stevens MD15521 Midlothian Turnpike Midlothian VA 23113
- Dr. Stephen E Brown MD5324 Twin Hickory Rd Glen Allen VA 23059
- Ifeyinwa Ngozi Utah MBBS1201 BROAD ROCK BLVD RICHMOND VA 23214