Dr. Auburn Woods is a general surgeon practicing in Spartanburg, SC. Dr. Woods specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Woods provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1973
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1973
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Breast Cancer
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Colon Polyps
- Transient Ischemic Attack (tia)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Program
Dr. Auburn Woods MD's Practice location
Spartanburg, SC 29303Get Direction
Dr. Auburn Woods MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How is the Recovery for a Cholecystectomy?
How long does it take for you to recover from a cholecystectomy? The length of the recovery period depends on whether you had a laparoscopic or open cholecystectomy. Many people who have keyhole surgery are released from the hospital the same day of the surgery. It may take up to 2 weeks for these...
- What Is Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is marked by a bulge in the groin or abdomen, which occurs when an organ protrudes through the muscle opening that keeps it in place. Hernias are a very common problem and can occur in men or women of all ages.For instance, in the case of an incisional hernia, the intestines may protrude...
- What to Expect After a Cholecystectomy
In case you have problems with your gallbladder and there is a need for it to be removed, you will experience unusual and uncomfortable symptoms while trying to adapt to a new life without a gallbladder. Obviously, when your gallbladder is removed, bile can't be stored like before since it is meant...
- How to Prepare for an Ablation
An ablation is a surgery that removes body tissue. Once your ablation has been discussed, it is wise to consider some shared risk factors which you may control. The following shared risk factors are important to consider before your ablation....
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk for Appendicitis?
Many people pay little to no attention to the appendix. In fact, the appendix is probably the least studied organ in the body. The case can be confirmed by the fact that even in today’s highly advanced doctors and scientists, they still do not know the exact role of the appendix.The Role and...
- What is Carpal Tunnel Release?
Carpal tunnel release surgery is a medical procedure that is used to relieve symptoms caused by carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Such symptoms include pain in the hand, tingling, and numbness. The procedure involves separating the ligaments in your hand to help relieve pressure on the nerve that...
- Dr. Ajai Srinivasan M.D.1330 Boiling Springs Rd Spartanburg SC 29303
- Dr. Paul Anthony Lepage M.D.853 N Church St Spartanburg SC 29303
- Dr. Charles Jason Rousseau D.O.225 E Wood St Spartanburg SC 29303
- Dr. Joseph Harold Wentzky M.D.340 Medical Pkwy Greer SC 29650
- Dr. Willis Tyler Nichols M.D.101 E Wood St Spartanburg SC 29303
- Dr. Erick Jordan Imbertson M.D.101 E Wood St Spartanburg SC 29303