Dr. Octavio Ramilo is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Columbus, OH. Dr. Ramilo specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
Univ Complutense De Madrid, Fac De Med, Madrid, Spain 1982
Universidad Complutense de Madrid Facultad de Medicina 1981
- Heart Disease
- Kawasaki Disease
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
Dr. Octavio Ramilo MD's Practice location
Columbus, OH 43205Get Direction
COLUMBUS, OH 43205Get Direction
Dr. Octavio Ramilo MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- What Is Rubella?
Commonly known as German measles, Rubella is an infection caused by a virus and its symptoms include red rashes on the body along-with fever, headache, muscle pain, a runny nose. Sometimes, swollen nymph nodes can also be seen. It is a contagious infection and can spread from one person to...
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
It is natural to be concerned about whether immunization is safe for your child or not. However, doctors recommend getting children immunized because vaccines are thoroughly checked before they are licensed for use. The measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine is the most effective way to protect...
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Are there any alternative methods of immunization for my child apart from the vaccinations?
Center for Disease control (CDC) and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (APIC) have 14 vaccinations before the age of 2 years. This makes some parents concerned as it might overwhelm the immune system of their child. There are two options that parents can opt for• Selective vaccine...
- Orchitis After Mumps
Orchitis is an inflammatory condition of the testes caused by an infection from a virus or bacteria. The infection could be because of mumps, mononucleosis or STDs. Infection due to bacteria develops from the progression of epididymitis, a tube that carries semen out of the testes. Mumps virus is...
- Dr. William Garrett Hunt MD555 S 18th St Columbus OH 43205
- Dr. Maria A. Mejias MD555 S. 18th Street Columbus OH 43205
- Dr. Michael Thomas Brady MD555 S 18th St Columbus OH 43205
- Dr. Pablo Jose Sanchez MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Masako Shimamura M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Monica Isabel Ardura DO5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390