Dr. James Wortham practices Orthodontics in Clermont, FL. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Wortham may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Wortham must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
Education and Training
University of Florida Bachelor of Science in Zoology 1993
University of Florida D.M.D. 1997
- Early Treatment
- Adult Treatment
- Types Of Braces
- Color Planner
- Professional MemberAmerican Association of Orthodontists
- Professional MemberSouthern Association of Orthodontists
- Professional MemberFlorida Association of Orthodontists
- VA Medical Center, Gainesville, FL General Practice
Dr. James R Wortham D.M.D., M.S.'s Practice location
Clermont, FL 34711Get Direction
Winter Garden, FL 34787Get Direction
Dr. James R Wortham D.M.D., M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- Dr. Barry Martin Rubenstein D.D.S.1000 East Ave Clermont FL 34711
- Dr. Andre Ben Baptiste D.D.S.8907 Conroy Windermere Road Orlando FL 32835
- Dr. Robert Goldie D.M.D.7051 Dr Phillips Blvd Orlando FL 32819
- Dr. Lisa Ann Yurkiewicz DMD1655 E Highway 50 # 101 Clermont FL 34711
- Dr. Alan M. Wong D.M.D.1000 East Ave Clermont FL 34711
- Andrew J Tringas DMD, MS422 Main St Windermere FL 34786