Dr. Grant Niskanen is a family practitioner practicing in Klamath Falls, OR. Dr. Niskanen specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Niskanen possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 1992
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Or Hlth Sci Univ Hosp, Family Medicine; Geo Washington Univ Sch Med, Internal Medicine; Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- Geo Washington University School Med
- Oregon Health & Science University Program
Dr. Grant Niskanen MD's Practice location
Klamath Falls, OR 97601Get Direction
Gorham, NH 03581Get Direction
Dr. Grant Niskanen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Niskanen
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- What Is Dysuria?
Introduction Dysuria is the medical term used to describe painful or difficult urination. The discomfort is usually characterized by a burning sensation. Most individuals who complain of painful or burning urination have a urinary tract infection. There are many health conditions that can cause...
- What Could Happen if My Pneumonia Remains Untreated?
There are several types of pneumonia that vary in their degree of seriousness. Pneumonia caused by a viral infection can make people feel very sick with fever, cough, and tiredness. However, viral pneumonia tends to go away on its own after some time. A "walking pneumonia" is a mild case of...
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome: How to Treat Candida Overgrowth?
What is Candida?Candida is a form of yeast or fungus, which lives in the mouth or intestines. The main role of Candida, when in proper levels, is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. However, when there is an overproduction of Candida, it breaks down the wall of the intestines and...
- What Are The Signs And Symptoms of Pleurisy?
Pleurisy: What Is It?Pleurisy or pleuritis is the inflammation of the membranes that line your lungs and the inside of your chest wall. The pleura are made of two layers – the visceral pleura and the parietal pleura. The visceral pleura line your lungs, and the parietal pleura line the inside of...
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- Dr. Chrisanthy Zowtiak MD2801 Daggett Ave Klamath Falls OR 97601
- Dr. Nellie May Wirsing MD2801 Daggett Ave Klamath Falls OR 97601
- Dr. Wendell Charles Heidinger MD2301 Mountain View Blvd Klamath Falls OR 97601
- Dr. David S Dassoff M.D.1905 Main St Klamath Falls OR 97601
- Dr. Randal A Machado M.D.1905 Main St Klamath Falls OR 97601
- Dr. Charles Daniel Bury MD2300 Clairmont Dr Klamath Falls OR 97601