Dr. Claire Griffiths is a hospitalist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Griffiths specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Griffiths manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Griffiths works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Education and Training
Cagayan State University College of Medicine and Surgery 2010
- Functional and desensitizing effects of the novel synthetic vanilloid-like agent 12-phenylacetate 13-acetate 20-homovanillate (PPAHV) in the perfused rat hindlimb.
- Effects of combined administration of ACE inhibitor and angiotensin II receptor antagonist are prevented by a high NaCl intake.
- Fludarabine metabolite level on day zero does not affect outcomes of hematopoietic cell transplantation in patients with normal renal function.
- Pyeloduodenal fistula.
- Capsaicin-induced biphasic oxygen uptake in rat muscle: antagonism by capsazepine and ruthenium red provides further evidence for peripheral vanilloid receptor subtypes (VN1/VN2).
- Myxoglobulosis, a rare variant of appendiceal mucocele, occurring secondary to an occlusive membrane.
- The role of surgery in pseudomembranous enterocolitis.
- Acute and chronic effects of capsaicin in perfused rat muscle: the role of tachykinins and calcitonin gene-related peptide.
Dr. Claire Davida Griffiths M.D., M.P.H.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60611Get Direction
Dr. Claire Davida Griffiths M.D., M.P.H.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Health Benefits of Magnesium Supplements
Magnesium plays a very important role in the smooth functioning of body processes. It has been observed that a deficiency in magnesium is considered to be one of the leading nutrient deficiencies among adults. In such cases, it is often a good idea to take magnesium supplements along with eating...
- New Research Disproves Link Between Alzheimer's and Heartburn Drugs
Previous studies have found an association between common heartburn medications and an increased risk of AD. However, more recent studies have reached other conclusions.A group of researchers from Germany found that proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), including commonly used medications such as Nexium,...
- This Combination of Medications May Help Ease Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Sleep apnea causes you to stop breathing briefly dozens of times every night. It is a serious condition that causes daytime fatigue, high blood pressure, and heart problems. Having sleep apnea also increases your risk of insulin resistance, also known as type 2 diabetes. If you are unable to sleep...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Is Lidex (Fluocinonide) Cream Really Effective in Treating Skin Infections?
Lidex is a topical steroid cream with the generic name fluocinonide. Glucocorticoids are a type of steroid hormones that are generally involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. They are also known to have anti-inflammatory properties.Lidex belongs to the class of drugs called...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Patrick Mote Elangwe M.D30 E Apple St Dayton OH 45409
- Sarah Shapiro50 E Bellevue Pl Chicago IL 60611
- Anil Kumar Reddy Reddivari M.D.,2800 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Michael Kornfeld MD680 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Ellena Lois Boddie M.D.700 E Ogden Ave Westmont IL 60559
- Dr. Brian Reza Poustinchian D.O.1653 W Congress Pkwy Chicago IL 60612