Dr. Gary Glass is a psychiatrist practicing in Austin, TX. Dr. Glass is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Glass diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Glass may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Glass treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1973
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Psychiatry Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- UCLA Sepulveda Va Hosps 1974
Dr. Gary Glass MD's Practice location
Austin, TX 78759Get Direction
Austin, TX 78759Get Direction
Dr. Gary Glass MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- Dr. Ghulam Mustafa Khan M.D.56 East Ave Austin TX 78701
- Dr. James M. Hageman MD3724 Jefferson St Austin TX 78731
- Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk MD1001 South Capital of Texas Hwy., austin, Texas Austin TX 78746
- Dr. Peter Joseph Pelogitis MD8700 Manchaca Road Austin TX 78748
- Dr. Ghadeer A Okayli MD1600 W 38th St Austin TX 78731
- Dr. Michael Musgrove MD1717 Interstate 35 Frontage Rd Round Rock Texas 78664