Dr. Swapan Nath is a Dentist practicing in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Nath specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
- Segregation analysis of blood pressure and body mass index in a rural US community.
- Genetic admixture of European FRDA genes is the cause of Friedreich ataxia in the Mexican population.
- CTLA-4 polymorphisms and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): a meta-analysis.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus susceptibility loci defined by genome scan meta-analysis.
- Meta-analysis of TNF-alpha promoter -308 A/G polymorphism and SLE susceptibility.
- Ectrodactyly with aplasia of long bones (OMIM; 119100) in a large inbred Arab family with an apparent autosomal dominant inheritance and reduced penetrance: clinical and genetic analysis.
- Genomewide scan for nonsyndromic cleft lip and palate in multigenerational Indian families reveals significant evidence of linkage at 13q33.1-34.
- Genomewide linkage scan for split-hand/foot malformation with long-bone deficiency in a large Arab family identifies two novel susceptibility loci on chromosomes 1q42.2-q43 and 6q14.1.
- Autosomal dominant nonsyndromic cleft lip and palate: significant evidence of linkage at 18q21.1.
- Osteopontin and systemic lupus erythematosus association: a probable gene-gender interaction.
- A genome-wide ordered-subset linkage analysis for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Impact of nine common type 2 diabetes risk polymorphisms in Asian Indian Sikhs: PPARG2 (Pro12Ala), IGF2BP2, TCF7L2 and FTO variants confer a significant risk.
- Localization of a gene for keratoconus to a 5.6-Mb interval on 13q32.
- Evaluation of imputation-based association in and around the integrin-alpha-M (ITGAM) gene and replication of robust association between a non-synonymous functional variant within ITGAM and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- ITGAM coding variant (rs1143679) influences the risk of renal disease, discoid rash and immunological manifestations in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus with European ancestry.
- Replication of recently identified associated single-nucleotide polymorphisms from six autoimmune diseases in Genetic Analysis Workshop 16 rheumatoid arthritis data.
- Confirmation of an association between rs6822844 at the Il2-Il21 region and multiple autoimmune diseases: evidence of a general susceptibility locus.
- Non-synonymous variant (Gly307Ser) in CD226 is associated with susceptibility to multiple autoimmune diseases.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa (or Acne inversa) with autosomal dominant inheritance is not linked to chromosome 1p21.1-1q25.3 region.
- Refinement of the X-linked nonsyndromic high-grade myopia locus MYP1 on Xq28 and
- Evaluation of 19 autoimmune disease-associated loci with rheumatoid arthritis in a Colombian population: evidence for replication and gene-gene interaction.
- Evaluation of genetic association between an ITGAM non-synonymous SNP (rs1143679) and multiple autoimmune diseases.
- Identification of novel suggestive loci for high-grade myopia in Polish families.
- Gene-gene interaction of BLK, TNFSF4, TRAF1, TNFAIP3, and REL in systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Novel homozygous, heterozygous and hemizygous FRMD7 gene mutations segregated in the same consanguineous family with congenital X-linked nystagmus.
- Gene network analysis of small molecules with autoimmune disease associated genes predicts a novel strategy for drug efficacy.
- Interaction between glutathione and apoptosis in systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Admixture mapping in lupus identifies multiple functional variants within IFIH1 associated with apoptosis, inflammation, and autoantibody production.
- Trans-ancestral studies fine map the SLE-susceptibility locus TNFSF4.
- PTPN22 association in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) with respect to individual ancestry and clinical sub-phenotypes.
- Allelic heterogeneity in NCF2 associated with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) susceptibility across four ethnic populations.
- Combined protein- and nucleic acid-level effects of rs1143679 (R77H), a lupus-predisposing variant within ITGAM.
- Oxidative stress and its biomarkers in systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Evaluation of SLE Susceptibility Genes in Malaysians.
- Brief Report: identification of MTMR3 as a novel susceptibility gene for lupus nephritis in northern Han Chinese by shared-gene analysis with IgA nephropathy.
- GDF15(MIC1) H6D Polymorphism Does Not Influence Cardiovascular Disease in a Latin
- Association of variants in CCR6 with susceptibility to lupus nephritis in Chinese.
- Disease features and outcomes in United States lupus patients of Hispanic origin and their Mestizo counterparts in Latin America: a commentary.
- Genome-Wide Association Study in an Amerindian Ancestry Population Reveals Novel Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Risk Loci and the Role of European Admixture.
- An HLA-C amino-acid variant in addition to HLA-B*27 confers risk for ankylosing spondylitis in the Korean population.
- Expanding the spectrum of γ-secretase gene mutation-associated phenotypes: two novel mutations segregating with familial hidradenitis suppurativa (acne inversa) and acne conglobata.
- High-density genotyping of immune-related loci identifies new SLE risk variants in individuals with Asian ancestry.
- Imputing Variants in HLA-DR Beta Genes Reveals That HLA-DRB1 Is Solely Associated
- Association-heterogeneity mapping identifies an Asian-specific association of the GTF2I locus with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Novel identified associations of RGS1 and RASGRP1 variants in IgA Nephropathy.
- Genotype-Phenotype Study of the Middle Gangetic Plain in India Shows Association of rs2470102 with Skin Pigmentation.
- Confirmation of five novel susceptibility loci for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and integrated network analysis of 82 SLE susceptibility loci.
- Evaluation of 10 SLE susceptibility loci in Asian populations, which were initially identified in European populations.
- Interleukin-17F and interleukin-6 gene polymorphisms in Asian Indian patients with Takayasu arteritis.
- A rare variant (rs933717) at FBXO31-MAP1LC3B in Chinese is associated with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Dr. Swapan Kumar Nath D.D.S.'s Practice location
Brooklyn, NY 11207Get Direction
Dr. Swapan Kumar Nath D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is a Yeast Infection?
Candidiasis is a type of fungal infection resulting from overgrowth of the yeast genus, Candida. The most predominant species in this genus is Candida albicans. The yeast survives in different parts of our body, including the skin, genitals, throat, and mouth. Growth of these organisms commonly...
- Snoring Problem? This Dentist May Have the Solution
Dentists can actually be extremely useful to determine why patients are snoring. Many would normally ignore snoring, as it has often been pushed aside as a "joke". But, in reality, it should be a cause of concern.A worrying fact about snoring is that people take it as something normal until it is...
- New Herbal Patch May Help to Heal Canker Sores Faster
According to a new study presented at the 85th general session of the International Association for Dental Research, a novel over-the-counter patch containing licorice extract may help in the quick healing of canker sores. In this study 46 participants who had recurrent canker sores were recruited....
- When Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
A toothbrush is not as clean as we think, and harbors more than 100 million bacteria, according to researchers at the University of Manchester in England. This includes E. coli bacteria, which cause diarrhea, and staphylococci bacteria, which cause skin infections. “This condition is the same as...
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease
Many diseases interact with rheumatoid arthritis, causing concern for patients and their families. Common diseases that have high comorbidity rates with rheumatoid arthritis are other autoimmune disorders. Lupus is an example of a disorder that might be correlated. Other diseases frequently...
- What is a Tooth Abscess?
A tooth abscess refers to the accumulation of pus caused by a bacterial infection at the root of the tooth or between the tooth and gum. Abscess at the tip of the root is known as periapical abscess, while those found in the gums are referred to as periodontal abscesses. Tooth abscesses should be...
- Dr. Louis Paul Sterling DDS87 Elmira Street Staten Island NY 10306
- Marija Simeonov-Nestorov DDS1 West 34th St New York NY 10001
- Dr. Joseph M. Landisi DMD1750 Crosby Ave Bronx New York 10461
- Dr. Dennis Walker D.M.D.1640 Anderson Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Ronald Kurlan D.M.D.65 E Northfield Rd Livingston NJ 07039
- Dr. Michael Acquista D.D.S.479 Bay Ridge Pkwy Brooklyn NY 11209