Dr. Stephen Joseph Murphy M.D.
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology200 Spruce Street Suite 100 Denver CO, 80238
Dr. Stephen Murphy is a rheumatologist practicing in Denver, CO. Dr. Murphy specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Murphy treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
New York Medical College 2003
- Cell-type-specific activation of PAK2 by transforming growth factor beta independent of Smad2 and Smad3.
- A unique element in the cytoplasmic tail of the type II transforming growth factor-beta receptor controls basolateral delivery.
- Shared gene expression alterations in prostate cancer and histologically benign prostate from patients with prostate cancer.
- Florivores prefer white versus pink petal color morphs in wild radish, Raphanus sativus.
- Retromer maintains basolateral distribution of the type II TGF-beta receptor via
- Genetic alterations associated with progression from pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia to invasive pancreatic tumor.
- Testing predictions of the Janzen-Connell hypothesis: a meta-analysis of experimental evidence for distance- and density-dependent seed and seedling survival.
- Platelet function testing in transient ischaemic attack and ischaemic stroke: A comprehensive systematic review of the literature.
- Species associations structured by environment and land-use history promote beta-diversity in a temperate forest.
- Topoisomerase 2 Alpha Cooperates with Androgen Receptor to Contribute to Prostate Cancer Progression.
- Continuation and adherence rates on initially-prescribed intensive secondary prevention therapy after Rapid Access Stroke Prevention (RASP) service assessment.
- Tree seedling richness, but not neighborhood composition, influences insect herbivory in a temperate deciduous forest community.
- The hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) couples immunity with metabolism.
- Higher β-diversity observed for herbs over woody plants is driven by stronger habitat filtering in a tropical understory.
- Drivers of community assembly in tropical forest restoration sites: role of local environment, landscape, and space.
- Back Pain
Dr. Stephen Joseph Murphy M.D.'s Practice location
Denver, CO 80238Get Direction
Lone Tree, CO 80124Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Joseph Murphy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Murphy
- The Connection Between Enthesopathy and Rheumatoid Arthritis
Enthesopathy is a condition where there is a problem with the attachment of tendons, ligaments, or other parts of a joint onto the bone. This often results in pain, and the affected individual may also experience stiffness or difficulty moving that part of the body. People who have rheumatoid...
- Pain Management for Fibro Patients During Surgery
Surgery is necessary. But surgery can also cause a lot of pain and stress for a patient, especially if they have fibromyalgia.Fibromyalgia, or fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS), is a health condition characterized by chronic musculoskeletal pain. Someone with fibromyalgia typically experiences general...
- Singer-Songwriter Blaithin Carney Opens Up About Fibromyalgia
Following Lady Gaga’s announcement, Naas singer and songwriter Blaithin Carney also shared her own story of fibromyalgia.After 13 years of marriage, the Irish singer-songwriter moved to Naas with her sons. She has two sons and four male siblings which are all, including her, musically inclined....
- The Complicated Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and the Thyroid
Rheumatoid arthritis and the thyroid gland have a complex relationship.The relationship is so complex that people do not yet fully understand how it works. But it has been found that one autoimmune disorder can increase the risk of developing another, and thyroid function is often depleted because...
- More Sleep May Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
A recent study shows relieving pain and getting better sleep may help lessen the severity of rheumatoid arthritis. The goal of this descriptive-correlative study was to better understand the relationship among pain, sleep, and inflammatory markers.This information could then be used to “develop...
- Lupus Patients are at Greater Risk of Heart Disease
Lupus is an unpredictable, multi-organ disease, and in some it may have milder course characterized by skin rashes or muscular aches, while in others it may start abruptly with predominant symptoms of some serious illness. It is not uncommon for lupus patients to present with the symptoms of kidney...
- Dr. Rennie Nicole Howard M.D.301 E 17th St Rm 1410 New York NY 10003
- Dr. Elena Maria Weinstein MD10103 Ridgegate Pkwy Lone Tree CO 80124
- Dr. Duane William Pearson M.D.University Of Colorado Hospital Denver CO 80262
- Dr. Susan Boackle MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Dennis J Boyle MD777 Bannock St Denver CO 80204
- Dr. Ndudi Okechukwu Oparaeche MD9570 S Kingston Ct #220 Englewood CO 80112