Dr. Elna M. Masuda M.D.
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery888 S King St Honolulu HI, 96813
Dr. Elna Masuda is a vascular surgeon practicing in Honolulu, HI. Dr. Masuda specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Masuda diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1985
University of California 1985
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Indications for surgical treatment of iliofemoral vein thrombosis.
- Reflux from thigh to calf, the major pathology in chronic venous ulcer disease:
- Comparing short-term outcomes of femoral-popliteal and iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis: early lysis and development of reflux.
- Deep venous valve reconstruction.
- Angioscopic evaluation of valvular disruption during in situ saphenous vein bypass.
- Diagnosis of chronic venous disease of the lower extremities: the "CEAP" classification.
- Venous bypass and valve reconstruction: long-term efficacy.
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Disease
- Eastern Va Med Sch, Vascular Surgery Univ Hi-J A Burns Sch Med, General Surgery
- Eastern Va Med School
- Eastern Virginia Medical School Program
Dr. Elna M. Masuda M.D.'s Practice location
Honolulu, HI 96813Get Direction
Dr. Elna M. Masuda M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Masuda
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- How are Varicose Veins Diagnosed?
Blood from body organs is transported to the heart via blood vessels, or veins. Organs use oxygen to function, and they discharge blood that has been used that contains waste products like carbon dioxide. The veins then take the blood to the heart and back to the lungs, where the carbon dioxide is...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- Dr. Michael T. Caps MD3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu HI 96819
- Dr. Theodore H Teruya MD11370 Anderson St Loma Linda CA 92354
- Dr. James D Greig MD FACS321 N Kuakini Street Honolulu HI 96817
- Dr. Dean T Sato M.D.550 S Beretania St Honolulu HI 96813
- Dr. Robert Kistner M.D.848 S Beretania St Honolulu HI 96813
- Dr. Nicolas A Nelken MD3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu HI 96819