Oncologist | Medical Oncology3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC, 20007
Dr. Edward Gelmann is an oncologist practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Gelmann specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Gelmann manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 1976
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Internal Medicine
Edward Gelmann's Practice location
Washington, DC 20007Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10032Get Direction
Edward Gelmann's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gelmann
- New Advancement to Reduce Rate of Breast Cancer Spreading
One of the most difficult aspects of treating cancer is fighting against the speed at which the cancer spreads throughout the body. As cells grow and multiply, they begin to affect larger systems in the body, and can metastasize to different systems entirely. Once a cancer has spread from the...
- Why This Lymphoma Patient Has A New Lease on Life
59-year-old Judy Wilkins, a mother of two and owner of a hair salon, had been battling lymphoma for years. The cancer became so aggressive that she tried four different chemotherapy regimens over a course of 18 months, with an aim to put it into remission. Nothing worked until CAR T-cell therapy....
- Use Breast Shields to Reduce Radiation Damage During CT Scans
Using breast shields will reduce radiation damage to the breast tissue in men and women who undergo CT scans of the chest, according to a new study. This small metallic piece does not affect the diagnosis, according to researchers. “This may reduce the radiation to the breast tissues by about...
- Breast Cancer and Hair Loss: Inspirational Messages from Other Women
Hair. The bane of every teenage girl’s existence, the thing that keeps parents who get their girls ready for school up at night, and for many, it is something that is still difficult to master. When it comes to cutting it, braiding it, coloring it, tying it, or pinning it, sometimes, the hair just...
- A True Calling: Two-Time Cancer Survivor Sets Her Sights on Nursing
Although she has only been a nurse for a short time, Michelle McGovern’s life experience with cancer have given her a unique backbone for bedside care. There were only two things Michelle McGovern needed to do—just two little things.The first was she write a book to let her son and daughter...
- Not Many Women Can Say They've Beaten Breast Cancer Twice
Leticia Solomon is a true inspiration to women everywhere. Her life was turned upside down back in 1996 when she found out she had stage 4 breast cancer.When she received the news, she went through a whirlwind of emotions. At first, she was furious. Then, she felt sick to her stomach. It was a lot...
- Dr. Virginia Chiantella MD FACS1860 Town Center Drive Reston Virginia 20190
- Martin M. Malawer7830 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814
- Okechukwu A. Ibeanu805 Jennings Mill Dr Bowie Maryland 20721
- Dr. Vera Malkovska MD110 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Mutombo Kankonde M.D., M.PH.1221 Mercantile Lane Upper Marlboro MD 20774
- Dr. Roy A Beveridge M.D.8503 Arlington Blvd Fairfax VA 22031