Dr. Jeffrey Tiemstra is a family practitioner practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Tiemstra specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Tiemstra possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Rush Med Coll of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 1984
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Factors affecting the circumcision decision.
- Respecting the autonomy of the biologically driven.
- Diagnosis and treatment of rosacea.
- Fixing family medicine residency training.
- Bell's palsy: diagnosis and management.
- Evaluation of scrotal masses.
- Urinary symptoms after a routine pelvic exam.
- Update on acute ankle sprains.
- A patient-centered telephone intervention using the asthma action plan.
- Depression Screening in an Academic Family Practice.
- Altruism, self-interest, and medical ethics.
- ECG in ambulatory care.
- Circular questioning by ethics committees: who's asking the doctors?
- The association of urinary tract infection with a recent pelvic examination in women.
- More regarding "Circular Questioning".
- Oxytocin use: agree to disagree.
- Hormonal therapy in the management of premenstrual syndrome.
- St Paul Med Ctr, Family Medicine
Dr. Jeffrey D Tiemstra M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
ELKHORN, WI 53121Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey D Tiemstra M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tiemstra
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- Is Mumps Preventable?
Mumps is a highly contagious infection caused by a certain virus. It can easily be spread from one person to another; therefore, prevention is very important. The MMR vaccine is the surest way to prevent mumps. Common symptoms associated with mumps include painful inflammation on the cheeks or...
- 5 Treatments for Excessive Sweating
What is excessive sweating?Excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. Abnormal and excessive sweating is not necessarily related to a rise in body temperature or intensive exercises. In this condition, sweating is so excessive that it tends to soak the clothes of an individual. At times,...
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- A Guide to Recognizing the Early Signs of Shingles
Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, is a disease that occurs due to the reappearance of the varicella-zoster virus, which is the causative agent of chickenpox. Shingles usually starts with a skin rash. These skin rashes occur either in the form of a band or a strip covering a small area on your...
- What Do Head Lice Eggs Look Like?
Lice lay their eggs called nits, which are placed on the hair shaft. Nits look more like dandruff but they cannot simply be shaken out of the hair like dandruff. To get rid of lice eggs, you have to follow certain steps and make sure that their eggs or nits are completely removed from the...
- Dr. Ann I. Ryan MD1304 15th St Santa Monica CA 90404
- Dr. Samantha Starrett Robinson M.D.1162 Maple Ave Mundelein IL 60060
- Dr. Audisho Khoshaba M.D.2653 W Peterson Ave Chicago IL 60659
- Dr. Irma Estacio Maravilla M.D. Chicago Illinois 60646
- Mrs. Sarada Alla MD1754 w golf rd mt prospects il 60013
- Dr. Crystal A Peoples MD6300 Roosevelt Rd Oak Park IL 60304