Dr. Bala Ramanan is a vascular surgeon practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. Ramanan specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Ramanan diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Dr. Bala Ramanan M.B.B.S.'s Practice location
Omaha, NE 68131Get Direction
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94143Get Direction
Dr. Bala Ramanan M.B.B.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- Decubitus Ulcers or Pressure Ulcers: What Are They?
Decubitus ulcers or pressure ulcers, more commonly known as bedsores, are open wounds on your skin due to the prolonged pressure applied to the area. These ulcers occur mostly over the bony prominences such as the hips, tailbone, ankle, and heels. Bedsores are a frequent condition experienced by...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- How Can I Improve Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can affect your self esteem, since they are distressing and painful. These veins can develop anywhere in the body, although the legs are commonly affected. They are usually twisted, swollen and deep purple or blue in color.When blood starts accumulating in the veins as a result of...
- Dr. Jason Neal Mactaggart MD400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Jason M Johanning MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Thomas Clement Howard MD4242 Farnam St Omaha NE 68131
- Dr. Iraklis I Pipinos MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Scott P. Wattenhofer M.D.515 N 162nd Ave Omaha NE 68118
- Dr. Thomas H Webb M.D.9850 Nicholas St Omaha NE 68114