Dr. Brian Welsh is a psychiatrist practicing in Ravenna, OH. Dr. Welsh is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Welsh diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Welsh may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Welsh treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ohio, Toledo Oh 1996
University of Toledo College of Medicine,Toledo, Oh, United States 1996
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Center For Forensic Psych, Forensic Psychiatry; In Univ Sch Of Med, Psychiatry
Dr. Brian C. Welsh MD's Practice location
Ravenna, OH 44266Get Direction
Dr. Brian C. Welsh MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Welsh
- What Are the Factors that Contribute to Autism?
The causes of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are still unclear. Even though research shows that genetic factors are predominate, they are not the one and only cause. In fact, it’s much more likely that there are multiple causes rather than just one.1. Genetic FactorsThere are multiple studies...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Bulimia?
Bulimia is an eating disorder that causes an individual to consume large amounts of food within a small period of time. After the binge is over, the individual purges to get rid of the unhealthy amount of food he or she consumed. Some methods that an individual may opt for to compensate for the...
- What Is Seasonal Affective Disorder?
Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD is a type of depression that comes and goes with the seasons. It starts during winter, usually stemming from a low amount of natural sunlight and is often lifted in the months of summer or spring. The symptoms often can begin in autumn as the days start getting...
- What Are the Types of Hallucinations?
Hallucinations are when you perceive something in the absence of an external stimulus. For example, you may hear someone speaking to you even when there is no one around you within your hearing distance. Hallucinations are not just hearing things; it could be of different types. This article is...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- What Is Bipolar Disorder: Get the Facts
Life is a series of peaks and valleys as we try to experience, explore, and feel different things all throughout it. That's just the way life is for most of us, and we learn to navigate life's challenges and grow from our experiences. But for people with bipolar disorder, life takes on a much more...
- Dr. Alf H. Bergman MD5000 Rockside Rd Independence Ohio 44131
- Dr. Farid Sabet-sharghi MD8401 Chagrin Rd Chagrin Falls OH 44023
- Dr. Marilena Achim M.D.340 South Broadway Street Akron Ohio 44308
- Dr. Nan E. Nelson MD32145 Sedgefield Oval Solon Ohio 44139
- Dr. Jodie Lynn Skillicorn D.O.3610 West Market Street Akron OH 44333
- Dr. Rebecca Therese Cirino D.O.3200 W Market St Akron OH 44333