Dr. Atiya S. Khan M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine2622 Lake Ave Fort Wayne IN, 46805
Dr. Atiya Khan practices Sleep Medicine in Fort Wayne, IN. Dr. Khan studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Pondicherry University Jawaharlal Institute MD
New York Medical College 1995
Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research
Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College 1984
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Sleep Medicine
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Sleep Apnea
- Cerebral Palsy
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Defects
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Bellevue Hospital Center
- New York University School of Medicine Program
Dr. Atiya S. Khan M.D.'s Practice location
FORT WAYNE, IN 46845Get Direction
Dr. Atiya S. Khan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Khan
- Do You Suffer from Somnolence?
What is somnolence?Somnolence is also referred to as sleepiness or drowsiness. It is a state of having a strong desire to sleep or sleeping for unusually long periods of time. The term somnolence comes from the Latin word somnus, which means sleep. Somnolence can be accompanied by signs of...
- Can Sleep Apnea Increase the Risk of a Stroke?
Stroke is one of the leading causes of long-term disability and death globally. Many conditions have long been known to increase the risk of stroke, like a high level of blood cholesterol, diabetes, high-blood pressure, smoking, and atrial fibrillation. However, now snoring, or rather sleep apnea,...
- How Can I Control Sleep Talking?
Talking during slumber without being aware of it is very common and is not considered a serious condition. For some people, it is just a series of mumbling, while for others it is in the form of complicated dialogues. It is commonly noted in small children and in males. In most cases, the individual...
- Clinical Practice Guideline for Home Sleep Apnea Testing
A common disorder that causes patients to stop breathing while sleeping is known as Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). This happens when the upper airway becomes blocked, resulting in temporary impairment of airflow during sleep. There are millions of recorded cases of OSA, however, many remain...
- Sleep Apnea Can Directly Affect Metabolism
When To Talk With A Healthcare ProviderGetting enough sleep has been the crying motto of many healthcare providers. There are numerous reasons as to why, but some recent research regarding sleep apnea and the relation to metabolism might just encourage some to address sleeping issues that are...
- Relieving Sleep Apnea Through Meditation
A diagnosis of sleep apnea can be a scary and confusing thing. Snoring, which is simply an annoying habit to some and just a part of life to others, suddenly has an ominous ring to it. Thankfully, there are a few simple lifestyle changes that can help relieve some of the effects of sleep apnea and...
- Dr. Yu Liu M.D.1100 Mercer Ave Decatur IN 46733
- Dr. Ammar Ghanem MD1735 27th Street Portsmouth OH 45662
- Dr. RICHARD CARDILLO MD7916 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne IN 46804
- Dr. Srinivasan Devanathan M.D.8028 Carnegie Blvd. Fort Wayne IN 46804
- Dr. Manuel Cervoni MD7916 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne IN 46804
- Dr. Sanjay Jain MD7916 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne IN 46804