Dr. Mukul Arya is a gastroenterologist practicing in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Arya specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Arya performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 1999
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Lightpod Neo
- Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center Program
Dr. Mukul Arya M.D.'s Practice location
Brooklyn, NY 11237Get Direction
Dr. Mukul Arya M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What is Heartburn?
Heartburn is a warm, burning sensation that is usually felt under the breast bone and upper abdomen. The wave of irritation starts from the chest area and gradually moves towards the throat. The feeling is more prominent after eating, when the person is lying down, or if the individual is in a bent...
- Gastroenteritis in Children: Signs of Dehydration
Gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection that is caused by poorly prepared foods, contaminated water, etc. It can cause diarrhea, nausea, headache, and vomiting.What causes it?Gastro is caused by viruses. They include:• Rotavirus• AdenovirusHow is the gastroenteritis virus passed?Children can...
- How Mild Food Poisoning Could Trigger Colitis
A recent study, published in the journal Science, suggests that an individual’s past history of minor bacterial infections, as in the case of mild food poisoning, could add up a chain of events with age and lead to chronic inflammation and potentially life-threatening colitis (inflammation of the...
- 20-Year-Old Rock Climber Is Breaking the Glass Ceiling with Celiac Disease
Margo Hayes is a top rock climber in the U.S. She has been a high-level rock climber since she joined Boulder’s Team ABC at the age 10. Now at age 20, she is the first female athlete to reach La Rambla in Siurana Spain successfully. (She accomplished this feat at only 19!) ...
- Study Reveals Many Celiac Patients Avoid Vaccinations
Many people adopt a personal decision to avoid any and all vaccines that do not really seem necessary, or seem to correlate with other diseases. And, this number continues to grow as time goes by. Celiac patients, in particular, have been discovered to be particularly reluctant to take any...
- Dr. David L. Carr-Locke MD FRCP10 Nathan D Perlman Pl New York NY 10003
- Dr. Gil I. Ascunce M.D.161 Madison Ave Suite 10 SW New York NY 10016
- Dr. Iheanyichukwu Aja-Onu M.D.1 Healthy Way Oceanside NY 11572
- Dr. Victor W. Groisser M.D.37 Glen Ave West Orange NJ 7052
- Dr. Daniel Megna MD360 Edison Street Staten Island New York 10306
- Dr. Jerome H. Siegel MD305 2nd Avenue New York New York 10003