Dr. John P Farnen MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology1836 South Ave La Crosse WI, 54601
Dr. John Farnen is a hematologist oncologist practicing in La Crosse, WI. Dr. Farnen specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
- Tulane University 1983
Dr. John P Farnen MD's Practice location
La Crosse, WI 54601Get Direction
Dr. John P Farnen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Farnen
- What are the Stages of Multiple Myeloma?
This is the uncommon type of cancer that forms in plasma cells. A type of white blood cells found in the body, plasma cells, identify and battle germs and infections that attack the body.In multiple myeloma patients, the healthy plasma cells are overtaken by cancer cells. This reduces the number of...
- Promising Results for Hodgkin Patients Using This Therapy
Researcher Dr. Bradford S. Hoppe and his colleagues at the University of Florida College of Medicine have recently found that the addition of proton therapy to first-line chemotherapy regimens may improve outcomes for patients with Hodgkin lymphoma.Lymphoma is classically treated with both...
- How is Multiple Myeloma Diagnosed?
Various tests are conducted for the diagnosis of multiple myeloma since one result of a laboratory test cannot diagnose it alone. A number of factors like the history, complete body check-up, diagnostic test reports and symptoms of the patient are taken into consideration to get a proper diagnosis...
- The Lymphoma Research Foundation Announces Partnership with the Annals of Lymphoma
The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) is the nation’s largest non-profit organization for lymphoma research, and they just announced their partnership with the Annals of Lymphoma (AOL). This was all revealed in September during Blood Cancer Awareness Month. LRF is devoted to exclusively funding...
- Is Lymphoma-related PTSD Possible?
PTSD is something that one may not think of right away when thinking of chronic or life-threatening illnesses, but it should not be overlooked. Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, can affect all aspects of a person’s life and requires treatment by a specialist.The Diagnostic and Statistical...
- Woman Who Battled Lymphoma Three Times Starts Support Group
Battling cancer is just that - a battle. To make it through once is an incredible feat, but one Virginia Beach woman survived the terrible condition three times. Now, she is starting a support group so other women can have the incredible outcome she had as well.Lynne's storyUnfortunately, most...
- Dr. Benjamin M Parsons D.O.1775 Ballard Rd Park Ridge IL 60068
- Dr. Wayne A Bottner MD1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601
- Dr. Lori J Rosenstein M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael O Ojelabi M.D1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601
- Dr. Kurt R Oettel MD1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601
- Dr. David Edward Marinier M.D.1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601