Dr. John Taylor is a general surgeon practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Taylor specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Taylor provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Dr. John Roland Taylor M.D.'s Practice location
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
Dr. John Roland Taylor M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Is a Thyroid Biopsy?
In a thyroid biopsy, a small tissue sample of your thyroid gland is removed and then examined under a microscope to test for an infection, cancer cells, and other thyroid disorders. The thyroid is a small gland located in lower part of the neck, just below the larynx. The gland's main function is...
- What is an Open Cholecystectomy?
Open cholecystectomy, also known as open gall bladder removal, is a surgical procedure which involves removal of the gallbladder through creation of a large opening in the abdomen. The main aim of this surgical operation is to provide relief to people suffering from gallstones and other...
- Understanding Appendicitis in Children
Appendicitis is a serious condition that can affect both men and women at any point in life. However, it has been found that children and toddlers account for the majority of deaths caused by it. There could be several reasons behind this: The foremost is that adults can easily recognize and express...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cholecystectomy
A cholecystectomy is a type of surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Although the gallbladder’s function is to store bile, which helps in your digestion, you can still live a healthy life without it. Gallbladder removal through surgery is the most effective treatment in dealing with gallbladder...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Gallstones?
The treatment plan for gallstones depends on each patient’s symptoms. The “active monitoring” system is recommended to people who show no symptoms. No treatment is required in such cases. However, if symptoms appear, it best to consult your doctor immediately. Most of the time, if you go...
- Dr. Monica Susan Hall MD3260 Blazer Parkway Lexington KY 40509
- Dr. Joseph G. Fine M.D.1221 S Broadway Lexington KY 40504
- Dr. Joshua P. Steiner M.D.1401 Harrodsburg Rd Lexington KY 40504
- Dr. Karabeth Moore MD1760 Nicholasville Rd Lexington KY 40503
- Dr. George V Page MD1760 Nicholasville Rd Lexington KY 40503
- Dr. Edwin L Rogers M.D.1760 Nicholasville Road Lexington KY 40503