Dr. Padma Raju is a radiologist practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Raju specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
University of Calcutta / Medical College MD
University of Kentucky College of Medicine 1984
Calcutta National Medical College 1964
- Palliative radiation therapy for Kaposi's sarcoma in patients with AIDS.
- Treatment of liver metastases with a combination of chemotherapy and hyperfractionated external radiation therapy.
- Treatment of unresectable pancreatic carcinoma using irradiation with concurrent intravenous 5-FU infusion therapy.
- Distribution and metabolism of pentoxifylline in non-tumor-bearing mice.
- Serum levels of pentoxifylline and its metabolites in non-tumor-bearing mice after chronic oral pentoxifylline administration.
- Effect of chronic oral pentoxifylline administration on murine erythrocyte deformability.
- A phase II evaluation of pentoxifylline combined with radiation in the treatment of brain metastases.
Padma Indukuri Raju MD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
Padma Indukuri Raju MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Benedek Joseph Bognar M.D.421 Bristol Rd Lexington KY 40502
- Patrizio Capasso MD800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536
- Ajit Shah MD1615 Blackburn Heights Dr. Sewickley PA 15143
- Tamera Hughes Matherne M.D.2006 Franklin St Se Huntsville AL 35801
- Xuan Nguyen MD, PHD800 Rose St Lexington KY 40536
- Myeong S Yoon M.D.1221 S Broadway Lexington KY 40504