Dr. Adil Zarif is a pathologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Zarif is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Zarif can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Zarif may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Northwestern Uniiversity 1998
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 1998
- Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Univ Of Chicago Hosps, General Surgery; Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, General Surgery
Dr. Adil Zarif M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Adil Zarif M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Dr. Rafael Z. Campanini M.D.1044 North Francisco Avenue Chicago Illinois 60622
- Dr. Janis Atkinson M.D.355 Ridge Ave Evanston IL 60202
- Dr. Stefan E Pambuccian MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Stephanie Harris Applebaum M.D.12935 Gregory St Blue Island IL 60406
- Dr. Chuang Shian Kiang M.D.2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park IL 60805
- Dr. Andrew R. Melnyk M.D.7435 W Talcott Ave Chicago IL 60631