Dr. Lydia Kapell is a psychiatrist practicing in West Springfield, MA. Dr. Kapell is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Kapell diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Kapell may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Kapell treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 1984
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1984
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Opiate Dependence
- Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Psychiatry; Nyu Hospitals Center, Pediatrics
- CEME/Mount Sinai Medical Center Program
Dr. Lydia Kapell MD's Practice location
West Springfield, MA 01089Get Direction
Dr. Lydia Kapell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kapell
- How to Cope with Your Depression
After being diagnosed with depression, it is important to learn how to cope with it and not fall into despair, as this could lead to severe consequences. Take the prescribed medicationAntidepressants may be prescribed to help improve your mood and enable you to return to your regular activities....
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Trypophobia and Other Strange Phobias
A phobia can be defined as a debilitating and overwhelming fear of a situation, object, animal, feeling, or place. Phobias are more evident compared to "fear" and normally occur when an individual has an unrealistic or exaggerated sense of danger about an object or situation. In case a phobia gets...
- What is Autistic Disorder
Autistic disorder is defined as the most severe type of autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). It is also called classic autism or Kanner’s Syndrome. This developmental disorder is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and behavior. Autistic people often avoid interaction...
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and More
Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as social phobia, is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person feels excessively fearful of social situations. A person suffering from this disorder lack social skills and has trouble meeting new people, talking to people, and attending social gatherings. They...
- Dr. Lori Calabrese M.D.1330 Sullivan Avenue South Windsor Connecticut 06074
- Dr. Deirdre Curran M.D.8 Trumball Road Northampton Massachusetts 01060
- Dr. Merrilee Leonhardt MD40 Wright St Palmer MA 01069
- Dr. Killian R. O'connell M.D.6 University Dr Amherst MA 01002
- Dr. Paul R Fleischman M.D.1394 S East St Amherst MA 01002
- Dr. Donald A Smith M.D.421 N Main St Leeds MA 01053