Dr. Michele Sokalski is a speech language pathologist practicing in LINWOOD, NJ. Dr. Sokalski specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Sokalski evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Sokalski helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Michele Kathryn Sokalski MA, CCC-SLP's Practice location
LINWOOD, NJ 08221Get Direction
Michele Kathryn Sokalski MA, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Mary F Blisard M.A., CCC/SLP111 S BARTRAM AVE ATLANTIC CITY NJ 08401
- Mrs. Karen Sue Reischke199 NEW RD STE 38 LINWOOD NJ 08221
- Jessica Peller M.S.12 ESSEX CT MARGATE CITY NJ 08402
- Kelly R Emmer M.S. CCC-SLP460 S WILLOW AVE GALLOWAY NJ 08205
- Mrs. Amanda Copes M.A., CCC-SLP10 W JIMMIE LEEDS RD GALLOWAY NJ 08205
- Mrs. Stacey Nadine Denafo MA, CCC-SLP2300 NEW RD NORTHFIELD NJ 08225