Dr. Martin Quan Tran D.O.
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology107 Woodlawn Dr Johnson City TN, 37604
Dr. Martin Tran is a nephrologist practicing in Johnson City, TN. Dr. Tran specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Tran most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine 2001
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Rhode Island Hosp-Lifespan, Nephrology; McGaw Med Ctr Of Northwestern, Internal Medicine
- Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital-Lifespan Program
Dr. Martin Quan Tran D.O.'s Practice location
Johnson City, TN 37604Get Direction
Dr. Martin Quan Tran D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tran
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What are the Early Signs of Lupus?
Systemic lupus erythematosus (also known as lupus) is a condition that usually affects women. It occurs as a result of antibodies or lymphocytes generated against substances that exist in the body. Approximately one out of 2,100 people has the condition.Women are five times more vulnerable to...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- What Is a Renal Ultrasound Used For?
UltrasoundIt is actually a diagnostic procedure. High-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body's tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. This creates videos or photographic images of the internal structure of the body after the echoes are recorded and transformed.Many diseases and...
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- Dr. Abrar Ahmad M.D.2002 Brookside Dr Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Duc Q Vu M.D.2002 Brookside Dr Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Stanley Eugene Vermillion MD107 Woodlawn Dr Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Steven C Butler M.D.2002 Brookside Dr Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Conchitina marie Chua Crisostomo MD107 Woodlawn Dr Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Sathiyendran Poobalasingham MD2002 Brookside Dr Kingsport TN 37660