Dr. Thomas Joseph Weigel M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry115 Mill St Belmont MA, 02478
Dr. Thomas Weigel is a psychiatrist practicing in Belmont, MA. Dr. Weigel is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Weigel diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Weigel may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Weigel treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1995
New Jersey College of Dentistry 1995
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Children'S Hosp, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Mass Gen Hosp, Psychiatry; Aurora Hlth Care, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Thomas Joseph Weigel M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Thomas Joseph Weigel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Weigel
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- Pristiq vs. Effexor
Pristiq and Effexor are medications that have similar compositions and are produced by the same manufacturing company. Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) is an antidepressant, which has been recently approved by the FDA. The composition of Pristiq is similar to Wyeth’s existing antidepressant. The patent...
- Side Effects of Trintellix
What is Trintellix?Trintellix is an antidepressant used for the treatment of a type of mental disorder called major depressive disorder (MDD). The common side effects of this medication are:...
- Clinical Depression: How it Affects Men and Women
Clinical depression is associated with social, occupational, and physical impairments. People commonly perceive that depression is a trivial condition that is not entirely genuine. However, depression is a real illness with real and debilitating symptoms, and should not be perceived as anything...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction: Get the Facts
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection long enough during sexual activity to satisfy his sexual needs. The condition was referred as impotence before medical research highlighted the underlying causes. Most men encounter erection problems at...
- Dr. Richard Chasin M.D.2 Appleton St Cambridge MA 02138
- Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.1 Mt Vernon St Winchester Massachusetts 01890
- Robert D. Mehlman14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD345 Boylston Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD38 Crafts Street Newton Massachusetts 02458
- Laura Ellen Dinerstein Other94 Pleasant Street Arlington Massachusetts 02476-6535