Dr. Richard Tom M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)2020 Ogden Ave Suite 225 Aurora IL, 60504
Dr. Richard Tom is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Aurora, IL. Dr. Tom specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Tom can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Tom can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch- Newark Nj 1991
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Gestational Diabetes
- St Joseph'S Hosp & M C, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Seton Hall University
- PCOM/St Joseph's Hospital Program
Dr. Richard Tom M.D.'s Practice location
Aurora, IL 60504Get Direction
Dr. Richard Tom M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tom
- How Are UTIs Diagnosed?
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are a common form of infection that affects the bladder, kidneys and the tubes that connect them together. They are quite common and account for almost 8.1 million visits to health care professionals every year. A UTI can easily be diagnosed and treated by a health...
- Cholesterol Drugs Could Treat Ovarian Cancer, New Research Suggests
What are statins?Statins are medications that are commonly used to treat low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in the blood. LDL cholesterol is commonly known as “bad cholesterol” and statins help to reduce its production inside the liver. More than 30% of Americans have high levels of LDL...
- How to Prepare for a Hysterectomy
The very thought of surgery often triggers a sense of panic and anxiety, and the morbid fear of pain, complications, and a prolonged recovery phase. But technology has changed the medical landscape, and gynecologists today are moving confidently toward less invasive and painless surgical techniques...
- What Are Uterine Fibroids?
Uterine fibroids, or leiomyomata, are smooth muscle tumors that develop within or outside the wall of the uterus. The muscle cells start growing abnormally resulting in a fibroid, which is just a benign tumor. These fibroids are very common and almost all women might develop fibroids at one point in...
- 5 Tips on Living with Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is a very serious condition. Sadly, in a decent amount of cases, this horrible disease has a fatal outcome. That’s why people who are suffering from ovarian cancer should really take this illness seriously. The most important thing you need to remember is to visit your doctor much...
- 6 Post-Pregnancy Body Changes You Should Know About
Low sex driveSleepless nights and a drop in the levels of estrogen all combine together to give a low drive for sex after pregnancy. “Some of them may take up to a year to get back their normal mood and sex drive," says Hope Ricciotti, MD, an associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology at...
- Dr. Radha Burtch M.D.5207 Main Street Downers Grove IL 60515
- Dr. Julie R. Jensen MD100 Spalding Naperville Illinois 60540
- Dr. Michael J. Hickey MD121 North Elm Street Hinsdale Illinois 60521
- Dr. Mari Ann Herbert DO1938 East Lincoln Highway New Lenox Illinois 60451
- George A. Banuelos3800 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515
- Dr. Naheed Akhter MD4121 Fairview Ave Downers Grove IL 60515