Dr. James Neifeld is a general surgeon practicing in Richmond, VA. Dr. Neifeld specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Neifeld provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1972
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medic 1972
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Is cryosurgery appropriate treatment for hepatic malignancies?
- Gemcitabine following radiotherapy with concurrent 5-fluorouracil for nonmetastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
- Leiomyosarcoma of the renal vein: imaging and surgical reconstruction.
- Congenital pelvic arteriovenous fistulas: report of a case and review of the literature.
- The role of orchiectomy in the management of advanced male breast cancer.
- Incompletely resected advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: the effectiveness of adjuvant vs. salvage radiotherapy.
- Vascular tumors of the abdominal wall.
- Esophageal cancer: outcomes of surgery, neoadjuvant chemotherapy, and three-dimension conformal radiotherapy.
- Incidentally discovered gallbladder cancer: role of cryotherapy.
- Adjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer: a time that has not yet come.
- Diagnosis and management of sacrococcygeal chordoma.
- Benign cartilaginous tumors of the upper airway.
- Prognostic variables and surgical management of foot melanoma: review of a 25-year institutional experience.
- Health care-associated infections in surgical patients undergoing elective surgery: are alcohol use disorders a risk factor?
- Neoadjuvant therapy for esophageal cancer.
- Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. James P. Neifeld M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. James P. Neifeld M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Neifeld
- How to Prepare for a Laparoscopy
OverviewLaparoscopy is a type of endoscopic procedure that will allow doctors to look inside your abdomen using a surgical telescope. The telescope is known as the laparoscope. The laparoscope is equipped with a front camera that transmits the images captured in high definition to a nearby video...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- Recovering from a Laparoscopy
Patients who have undergone laparoscopic surgery tell of different stories. They have varying views and opinions. Some say it is a harrowing experience, while others consider laparoscopy a minor surgery. It really all depends on the individual, because every human being responds differently to...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Are There Long Term Complications For A Cholecystectomy?
Cholecystectomy, that is removal of the gallbladder, is usually considered a safe operation, however there is a small risk of complications associated as is with all procedures. Most of the complications and risks carried by cholecystectomy are minimal and can be reversed or fixed. Long term...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Dr. Kanene V. Ubesie M.D.9 Medical Parkway Dallas TX 75234
- Dr. Rashmi Pradhan Vaidya M.D8266 Atlee Rd Mechanicsville VA 23116
- Dr. Katherine Menk Trahan M.D.500 Martha Jefferson Drive Charlottesville VA 22911
- Dr. Jaime Lynne Bohl MD1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Michael Grillon MD8262 Atlee Rd Mechanicsville VA 23116
- Dr. Brian Jay Kaplan M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298