Dr. Gregory W Hornig M.D.
Neurosurgeon2401 Gillham Rd Suite 2502. 15 Kansas City MO, 64108
Dr. Gregory Hornig practices Neurological Surgery in Kansas City, MO. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Hornig prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine 1980
- Flushing in relation to a possible rise in intracranial pressure: documentation of an unusual clinical sign. Report of five cases.
- Temporal lobectomy for complex partial seizures that began in childhood.
- Toxicity profile of delayed high dose sodium thiosulfate in children treated with carboplatin in conjunction with blood-brain-barrier disruption.
- Intestinal perforation by peritoneal shunt tubing: report of two cases.
- Osteolytic skull lesions secondary to trauma. Report of two cases.
- The effect of furosemide on intracranial pressure and hemorrhage in preterm rabbits.
- Protruding arachnoid granulations mimicking dermoid cysts.
- A Multicenter Study of Factors Influencing Cerebrospinal Fluid Shunt Survival in Infants and Children.
- Brain tissue pressure measurements in perinatal and adult rabbits.
- Left vagus nerve stimulation in children with refractory epilepsy: an update.
- Adverse events in children receiving intermittent left vagal nerve stimulation.
- Birth Defects
- Chldns/Brighams Womens
Dr. Gregory W Hornig M.D.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
MIAMI, FL 33155Get Direction
Dr. Gregory W Hornig M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hornig
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Dr. Darren S Lovick MD3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City KS 66103
- Dr. Jonathan D Chilton M. D.6420 Prospect Ave Kansas City MO 64132
- Dr. Steven B Wilkinson MD19550 E 39th St S Independence MO 64057
- Dr. Timothy E Stepp MD2790 Clay Edwards Dr Kansas City MO 64116
- Dr. Harold A Hess M.D.8575 W 110th St Overland Park KS 66210
- Dr. Stephen L Reintjes M.D.2750 Clay Edwards Dr Kansas City MO 64116