Dr. Sheilagh M Maguiness MD
Dermatologist | Pediatric Dermatology300 Longwood Ave Boston MA, 02115
Dr. Sheilagh Maguiness is a pediatric dermatologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Maguiness specializes in the skin care of children. Pediatric dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions that affect infants, children and teens. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Pediatric dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Maguiness diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- Pediatric Dermatology
- Infantile hemangiomas: a look back and future directions.
- Current management of infantile hemangiomas.
- Propranolol in the management of airway infantile hemangiomas.
- Management of difficult infantile haemangiomas.
- Vascular tumors and malformations in children, Introduction.
- Congenital hemangiomas.
- Perceptions and Practices Regarding Atopic Dermatitis: A Survey.
Dr. Sheilagh M Maguiness MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
San Francisco, CA 94115Get Direction
MAPLE GROVE, MN 55369Get Direction
Dr. Sheilagh M Maguiness MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Maguiness
- Ringworm of the Body and Scalp
IntroductionDermatophytes are fungi that get nutrients from keratin for growth. They usually affect the skin, nails, and hair. The species that commonly invade the keratin are those that belong to the genus Trichophyton, Epidermophyton, and Microsporum. Fungal infections produce ring-like...
- How to Identify Insect Bites and Stings
The cause or severity of insect bites or stings can be determined by the symptoms. Most bug bite symptoms cause itchy or painful red bumps. Other insect bites can cause welts or blisters. The following are some clues of common insect bites:...
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- Treatments for Ringworm
What is ringworm?Ringworm is a common fungal infection of the skin. It is scientifically called as tinea corporis, and belongs to the group dermatophytes. Ringworm does not involve worms, as the name suggests. Instead, its name comes from the ring-like red patches that can occur on the arms, legs,...
- What Is Molluscum Contagiosum? Treatment and Home Remedies
Molluscum contagiosum is a contagious skin infection, which is mostly seen in children and the elderly. The infection comes with uneven bumps on the skin, which get bigger in size. The bumps are itchy and develop blisters when scratched. Sexually active adults are usually affected by this skin...
- What Is Baby Acne?
What is Baby Acne?Does your child have more pimples than those of an eighth grader? This pimply appearance of puberty is very common, often beginning at two to three weeks of age. It affects more than forty percent of all infants. Fortunately, it isn’t permanent and doesn’t cause any trouble to...
- Dr. Elaine Tracy Kaye MD65 Walnut St Wellesley Hills MA 02481
- Dr. Ira L Skolnik M.D.747 Main St Concord MA 01742
- Dr. Robert Sidbury M.D., M.P.H.Children's Hospital Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Elena Balestreire Hawryluk M.D., PH.D.123 Summer St Worcester MA 01608
- Dr. Emily M Berger MDMassachusetts General Hospital Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Marilyn G Liang M.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115