Dr. George F Howard MD
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine170 University Dr Amherst MA, 01002
Dr. George Howard practices Sleep Medicine in Amherst, MA. Dr. Howard studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania 1978
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital Il
- Boston University Medical Center Program
Dr. George F Howard MD's Practice location
Amherst, MA 01002Get Direction
Dr. George F Howard MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Howard
- Agony of a Little Girl Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea
People often say they slept like a baby after a restful night of sleep. However, that is not always the case, especially for kids suffering from obstructive sleep apnea. Sadly, most parents are not aware of this issue and it can become a very difficult problem to deal with, a problem that can affect...
- Are You an Insomniac Before Getting Your Period?
Many women complain of insomnia a few days before getting their periods. “The actual reason behind this feeling is changing levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone”, says Michael Breus, PhD, ABSM, a sleep expert. “These changes in hormones can affect an individual's ability to fall...
- How Is Insomnia Diagnosed?
Insomnia is the inability to sleep that people of all ages can experience. It may be caused by a wide range of factors including physical discomfort or psychological problems. There is a direct relationship between insomnia and psychosocial factors. Factors such as increased age, conflicts with...
- Natural Remedies for Insomnia
What is insomnia?In today's busy world, there are some people who regard sleep as a luxury rather than a necessity. They do not seem to have any issues to spend more hours at work in addition to other activities. Due to heavy workload and other activities, there would be lesser time for a physical...
- Carrie Fisher's Death Leads to Increased Concern Over Sleep Apnea
Long-time actress and author Carrie Fisher will probably be best remembered as playing her iconic role of Princess Leia in George Lucas’s cult classic Star Wars. When news of her death reached the internet, fans of the beloved series were shocked and eager to find the cause, especially since her...
- Holistic Treatment for Restless Legs Syndrome
Restless legs syndrome is usually treated with lifestyle changes as well as medication. RLS causes people to experience unusual sensations in the legs while resting. These sensations can come in the form of:• Creepy-crawling feeling• Burning• Throbbing • PullingThese unpleasant feelings...
- Dr. Brian W. Smith MD170 University Dr Amherst MA 01002
- Dr. Paul J Walting MD3300 Main Street Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. Neil D Bach MD170 University Dr Amherst MA 01002
- Dr. David B Wexler MD20 Worcester Center Blvd Worcester MA 01608
- Dr. Michael Patrick Coppola M.D.2150 Main St Springfield MA 01104
- Dr. Robert R Ajello MD164 High St Greenfield MA 01301