Dr. Biren Kamdar practices Pulmonology in Nashville, TN. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Kamdar manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Biren Kamdar MD's Practice location
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
SAN DIEGO, CA 92103Get Direction
Dr. Biren Kamdar MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kamdar
- How Lung Transplants for Cystic Fibrosis Patients Have Changed
For those with cystic fibrosis (CF), lung infections are the greatest contributor to death. Lung inflammation, destruction, and chronic infection occurs due to the thick sticky mucus associated with CF.This over-proliferation of mucus occurs due to the mutated gene CFTR which is responsible for the...
- What Is Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is inflammation of the cells lining your bronchial airways. Bronchitis affects males more than the females. Bronchitis can be due to an infection (viral or bacterial in origin), inhalation of smoke, dust or any other irritating substance....
- COPD: Can Obesity Make it Worse?
It is clear that obesity can lead to future health complications, now including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It has been established that there is a link between obesity and COPD, as obesity can further complicate the symptoms of COPD.Obesity can be easily computed through BMI...
- The Complicated Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lung Disorders
What is Bronchiectasis (BR) and how it is related to Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)? It is known that there is a strong association with RA and various pulmonary disorders such as BR. How these two conditions are connected is less clear and something that has been being examined for some time. However...
- What Are the Medications that Can Treat Pleurisy?
Pleurisy is the inflammation of the pleural membranes that line your lungs and the inside of the chest wall. It is a very painful condition that is often exacerbated by deep inspiration. Most patients with pleurisy present a sharp, stabbing-like pain over one side of the chest that aggravates while...
- Is Asthma More Difficult to Control in Fibromyalgia Patients?
For those who have fibromyalgia, there are various symptoms that will be experienced. Recent studies show that having other underlying conditions, such as asthma, is one of them. What does asthma have to do with fibromyalgia and how does this chronic illness affect your breathing?Studies have shown...
- Dr. Susan Kay Garwood M.D.4230 Harding Road Nashville TN 37205
- Dr. Stacey Louise Vallejo M.D.4230 Harding Rd Nashville TN 37205
- Dr. Stephanie Norfolk MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Stephen A Capizzi MD300 20th Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Stephen J Heyman MD300 20th Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Alberto Gonzalez-bernal MD3443 Dickerson Pk Nashville TN 37207