Dr. Jose Gomez is a psychiatrist practicing in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Gomez is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Gomez diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Gomez may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Gomez treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 2002
Univ Auto De Santo Domingo (Uasd) 1969
University of California 1969
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- MARYMOUNT HOSPITAL
Dr. Jose Maria Gomez M.D.'s Practice location
Jacksonville, FL 32216Get Direction
Jacksonville, FL 32217Get Direction
Dr. Jose Maria Gomez M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Repetitive and Self-Injurious Behaviors
Autism disordersPatients who are diagnosed with autism have certain challenges, such as having difficulty in learning language, as well as communication, and an incapability of understanding body language and expressions. They are uncomfortable in new social surroundings and with social behavior, in...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Can ADHD Occur in Adulthood?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) doesn’t just occur in children. It can also occur during adulthood. Actually, it has been estimated that about 70% of adults continue to struggle with ADHD. In other cases, adults who have never been diagnosed with ADHD during their childhood days...
- What Does Trypophobia Do to the Brain?
Trypophobia is a term that was created way back to refer to a certain kind of phobia. It is not an official name and you can’t even find it in the official list of phobias. However, the kind of phobia that this term is used to refer to is as real and as natural as it gets. That should explain why...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- How to Prepare for Psychotherapy
Understanding PsychotherapyPsychotherapy is a form of treatment that is collaborative in nature. It is based on the relationship between a patient and a psychotherapist or simply a psychologist. This type of therapy provides an environment that allows you to openly and honestly communicate your...
- Dr. Jason Rocco Molinaro M.D.67 President St Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Andrea Marie Fritschle M.D.4160 University Blvd S Jacksonville FL 32216
- Dr. Jacob Woodrow Whitener jr M.D.1833 Boulevard Jacksonville FL 32206
- Dr. Mohit Chauhan MBBS1000 1st Dr Nw Austin MN 55912
- Dr. Radhika Garlapaty Chithriki M.D.11718 Merra Lee Ct Jacksonville FL 32256
- Mrs. Ester S Macam M.D.7487 S State Road 121 Macclenny FL 32063