Jeffrey S Groothuis MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease1928 S Dixon Rd Kokomo IN, 46902
Dr. Jeffrey Groothuis is a cardiologist practicing in Kokomo, IN. Dr. Groothuis specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Groothuis also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1989
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Tenet St Joseph H-Creighton U, Cardiovascular Diseases; Creighton Univ Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- Creighton University Affil Hospital
- Creighton University Program
Jeffrey S Groothuis MD's Practice location
Kokomo, IN 46902Get Direction
Jeffrey S Groothuis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Groothuis
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- What Are the Health Benefits of Flax Seeds?
Numerous products that contain flax seeds are now hitting the market every other day and claim to provide additional health benefits. Flax seeds are now hailed as the new super food that helps to fight a number of diseases, including heart diseases, diabetes, and cancer. Although these seeds have...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- What are Phytosterols?
Experts are of the opinion that phytosterols improve the body’s ability to lower cholesterol levels. Like other cholesterol-lowering foods, including salmon and oats, phytosterols are supposed to lower the levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol, LDL. Phytosterols, or plant sterols and stanol esters, are...
- Anil K Ranginani MD2525 S Michigan Ave Chicago IL 60616
- Michael E Ritchie MD3611 S Reed Rd Kokomo IN 46902
- Ghaith M Nahlawi MD1721 S Stephenson Ave Iron Mountain MI 49801
- James M Scheffler MD1928 S Dixon Rd Kokomo IN 46902
- Kingsley Annan MD1928 S Dixon Rd Kokomo IN 46902
- Dorian Leenard Beasley M.D.1800 N Capitol Ave Indianapolis IN 46202