Dr. Karen Evans is a speech language pathologist practicing in EXCELSIOR SPRINGS, MO. Dr. Evans specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Evans evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Evans helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Karen S Evans's Practice location
EXCELSIOR SPRINGS, MO 64024Get Direction
Karen S Evans's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Ms. Shelley L King MS CCC SLP100 N THOMPSON AVENUE EXCELSIOR SPRINGS MO 64024
- Jocelyn Kay Duffy M.S., CCC-SLP8510 NE 97TH ST KANSAS CITY MO 64157
- Ryan Mcgee31606 N.E. PINK HILL RD GRAIN VALLEY MO 64029
- Marsha Lee Dedrick SLP2101 N TWYMAN RD INDEPENDENCE MO 64058
- Rebecca A Boucher MS CC SLP300 W BROADWAY ST EXCELSIOR SPRINGS MO 64024
- Mrs. Laura Carder401 NORTH ALLISON LAWSON MO 64062