Dr. Adam Young practices Pain Medicine in Chicago, IL. Pain medicine is concerned with the prevention of pain, and the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients experiencing pain. Pain medicine physicians use a broad-based approach to treat all pain disorders, ranging from pain as a symptom of disease to pain as the primary disease. Dr. Young serves as a consultant to other physicians but is often the principal treating physician, providing care at various levels; such as treating the patient directly, prescribing medication, prescribing rehabilitative services, performing pain relieving procedures, counseling patients and families, directing a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other healthcare providers, and providing consultative services.
Education and Training
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Spinal epidural hematoma after spinal cord stimulator trial lead placement in a patient taking aspirin.
- Pain management for total hip arthroplasty.
- Use of a quantitative platelet function test to guide epidural catheter removal in a patient who inadvertently received clopidogrel.
- Spinal cord stimulator placement in a patient with complex regional pain syndrome and ankylosing spondylitis: a novel approach with dual benefits.
- The parturient with implanted spinal cord stimulator: management and review of the literature.
- Incidence of Clinically Overt Hematoma Formation Following Removal of Adductor Canal Catheters During Concomitant Factor Xa Inhibitor Therapy.
- Back Pain, Facial Pain, Pain Pump Implant (intrathecal Therapy) And More
- Rush University Medical Center
- Rush University Medical Center - Interventional Pain Medicine
Dr. Adam C Young MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60607Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60612Get Direction
Dr. Adam C Young MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Long Does Weed Stay in Your System?
Reasons Why Marijuana Remains IllegalOne of the main reasons why weed remains illegal is the adverse side effects it gives to its users. Many people are under the impression that weed is simply a harmless drug--when in reality, that's nowhere near the truth. Smoking weed is thought as a fun...
- Round and Yellow M 66 Pill
M 66 PillThis pill is round and yellow in color with an imprint of “M 66”. It has been identified as meloxicam 7.5 mg, which is used for the treatment of inflammatory conditions, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and tendonitis.Under the Controlled Substances Act, meloxicam is...
- What Is Diclofenac?
What is diclofenac?Diclofenac is an analgesic and anti-inflammatory medicine that belongs to the drug class called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Different types of pain such as dental pain, muscle pain associated with injury or surgery, and migraine can be treated by diclofenac. Redness...
- Aleve vs. Ibuprofen
OverviewAleve and ibuprofen are both nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that have similar effects, but with important differences as well. Ibuprofen is an NSAID that is available under many brand names. The most common brands of ibuprofen are Advil and Motrin. Aleve, on the other hand,...
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
What is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy?Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is also medically termed as reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome (RSD). This is a condition which often leads to chronic pain in which high levels of nerve impulses are sent to the affected area. There are studies that...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Dr. Ishmeet Singh M.D.653 N Kingsbury St Chicago IL 60610
- Dr. Aimee D. Stotz D.O.2900 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Zuhair Thalji M.D.4440 W 95th St Oak Lawn IL 60453
- Dr. Eliezer Soto M.D.350 S. Northwest Highway Park Ridge IL 60068
- Dr. Neerukonda Prasad M.D.4440 W 95th St Oak Lawn IL 60453
- Dr. Petra Joseph MD1030 N Clark St Chicago IL 60610