Dr. Ritu Chandak is a psychiatrist practicing in Jersey City, NJ. Dr. Chandak is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Chandak diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Chandak may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Chandak treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College 1996
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Nassau University Medical Center Program
Dr. Ritu Chandak M.D's Practice location
Jersey City, NJ 07302Get Direction
Dr. Ritu Chandak M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chandak
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- Is Schizophrenia a Genetic Disorder?
The organic studies of schizophrenia outnumber, by far, the psychological ones.The quantity of these works and the variety of directions that they have taken reveal that no breakthrough has been made. Even in fields like genetics and biochemistry where some evidence of the organic nature of...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- Dr. Maurice Masse MD7701 13th Ave Brooklyn NY 11228
- Barbara Bartlick865 West End Avenue New York NY 10025
- Ms. Esha Khoshnu M.D.570 Belleville Ave Belleville NJ 07109
- Dr. Calvin H. Haber M.D.1 Hickory Rd Woodmere New York 11598
- Dr. Elena Bruck M.D.80 Fifth Avenue New York NY 10011
- Dr. Mariela Teresa Padro M.D.7600 S Red Rd, Suite 225 South Miami FL 33143