Dr. Jennifer Liu MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry4150 Clement St #116n San Francisco CA, 94121
Dr. Jennifer Liu is a psychiatrist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Liu is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Liu diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Liu may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Liu treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Pa, Philadelphia Pa 1995
Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Ca Sf Sch Of Med, Psychiatry; Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Psychiatry
- University Ca Sf School Of Med
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
Dr. Jennifer Liu MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94121Get Direction
Dr. Jennifer Liu MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Liu
- Understanding Clinical Depression
Clinical depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects how an individual feels, thinks, and how he or she acts. Depression varies from mild to severe, and in certain instances the individual can experience temporary episodes of sadness.Clinical depression is also known as major...
- What Is Paranoid Schizophrenia?
Paranoid schizophrenia is a subtype of schizophrenia in which the patient has hallucinations, false beliefs, and delusions that a person or group of individuals, regardless if they are his close friends or loved ones, are continuously plotting against him. At times, the patient may even believe that...
- What Medications Help in Treating Eating Disorders?
According to statistics, binge eating disorder is very common among young adults in the United States in comparison to anorexia and bulimia. In the last couple years, it has been treated as real medical disorder. According to the Youth Risk Behavior survey that was conducted in 2001, 35 percent of...
- How Is Insomnia Diagnosed?
Insomnia is the inability to sleep that people of all ages can experience. It may be caused by a wide range of factors including physical discomfort or psychological problems. There is a direct relationship between insomnia and psychosocial factors. Factors such as increased age, conflicts with...
- The Top 10 Health Threats For Men
Here is a list of the top 10 dangerous diseases men can face in their lifetime. Don't be alarmed; many of these diseases are preventable and treatable. 1. Heart attack and cardiac arrestHeart attacks are caused by a blockage of any arteries that supply blood to the heart. Arteries can get clogged...
- The Connection Between Seasonal Affective Disorder and Fibromyalgia
With winter on everyone's doorstep and the snow that comes with it, there are some people who cannot enjoy the winter as much as other people around them.For those who have seasonal affective disorder, they usually do not feel as comfortable as others once the weather changes. Leaves fall, and lands...
- Dr. Vladimir Bokarius M.D., PH.D., L.AC3260 Blume Drive Richmond California 94806
- Dr. Janice E. Cohen M.D.Inner Sunset San Francisco CA 94122
- Dr. William W. Foote M.D.1819 Union St San Francisco CA 94123
- Dr. Adam Phillip Nelson M.D.45 Camino Alto Mill Valley CA 94941
- Dr. Steven A. Frankel M.D.1044 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. Kentfield California 94904
- Dr. Lawrence T Petrakis M.D.909 Hyde St San Francisco CA 94109