William B Calhoun MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease499 Glo Suite A2 Tupelo MS, 38801
Dr. William Calhoun is a cardiologist practicing in Tupelo, MS. Dr. Calhoun specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Calhoun also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 1989
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
William B Calhoun MD's Practice location
Tupelo, MS 38801Get Direction
TUPELO, MS 38801Get Direction
William B Calhoun MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Calhoun
- Causes and Treatment of a Persistent Cough
What is a persistent cough?It can be annoying to have a cough that lasts for more than a couple of weeks. A cough is considered chronic or persistent if it does not go away after four weeks in children and eight weeks in adults. However, most persistent coughs are due to colds, flu, infection, or...
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Diabetes
DiabetesInsulin is a hormone that is secreted by the pancreas. Diabetes can develop when the pancreas stops secreting insulin or when the body becomes resistant to insulin. The most common type of diabetes is type 2 diabetes.According to the American Diabetes Association, more than 25 million people...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- 5 Tips on Living with High Blood Pressure
Living with high blood pressure is never easy. You have to watch yourself constantly with the knowledge that your body is malfunctioning. Most of the people who are diagnosed with this condition become depressive and lose the will to live. You have to know that even if you are diagnosed with high...
- What is the Ideal Cholesterol Level?
Ideal Cholesterol LevelLast week when you went for the regular check up the doctor told you that your ‘bad’ cholesterol levels are high. What does that mean? Is good and bad cholesterol the same thing? Yes, cholesterol is needed for maintaining good health. If the levels of low density...
- Barry Dean Bertolet MD499 Gloster Creek Village A-2 Tupelo MS 38801
- Roger Allen Williams MD499 Glo Tupelo MS 38801
- Francisco Javier Sierra MD499 Glo Tupelo MS 38801
- Nelson K Little MD499 Glo Tupelo MS 38801
- Benjamin David Blossom M.D.499 Gloster Creek Vlg Tupelo MS 38801
- Mark H Strong MD499 Gloster Creek Village Tupelo MS 38801