Dr. Victor Colon-vazquez is a gastroenterologist practicing in Caguas, PR. Dr. Colon-vazquez specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Colon-vazquez performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Dr. Victor J Colon-vazquez M.D.'s Practice location
Caguas, PR 00725Get Direction
Dr. Victor J Colon-vazquez M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- General Facts About Hemorrhoids
What are hemorrhoids and what causes them?Hemorrhoids are lumps that occur in the rectum or the anus, formed by the swelling of blood vessels in the region. It can occur in the lower rectum and around the anus. The cause of the swollen blood vessels is by a strain due to the pressure and individual...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder triggered by gluten exposure. Gluten is a protein found in barley, rye, and wheat. The disease is sometimes called as celiac sprue, which results in the inflammation of the small intestine. When a person has celiac disease, consuming anything that contains...
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Peptic Ulcers?
Peptic ulcers refer to the sores present in the lining of stomach, esophagus, and small intestine. In the small intestine, the sores are often present in the upper part, called the duodenum. Peptic ulcers in the stomach are known as gastric ulcers, while those present in the esophagus are known as...
- Does Celiac Disease Cause a Deficiency in Vitamins and Minerals?
Celiac disease is one of the most common autoimmune disorders affecting the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. For those with the disease, there is a reason for concern. Those with celiac disease often have malabsorption syndrome, which leads to a deficit of various minerals and vitamins. If...
- Dr. Juan R. Colon-pagan M.D400 Ave Fd Roosevelt San Juan PR 00918
- Dr. Jaime Martinez-souss M.D.328 De Diego Ave San Juan PR 00909
- Dr. Antonio Soto-Ramos710 OAK COMMONS BLVD KISSIMMEE FL 34741
- Dr. Emanuel Warrington M.D.517 street Balboa Townhouses Carolina PR 00985
- Dr. Wilfredo Pagani M.D.29 Calle Washington San Juan PR 00907
- Dr. Ivelisse Ramirez MDBayamon Medical Plz Bayamon PR 00959