Dr. Chris Sheldon Bergstrom M.D.
Ophthalmologist1365 Clifton Rd Ne # B Atlanta GA, 30322
Dr. Chris Bergstrom is an ophthalmologist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Bergstrom specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Bergstrom can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Bergstrom can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 2001
University of Wales in Great Britain 2001
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Incidence of postvitrectomy macular edema using optical coherence tomography.
- Syphilitic frosted branch angiitis with anterior uveitis in a patient with a new HIV diagnosis.
- Retinal metastasis simulating cytomegalovirus retinitis.
- Cystoid macular edema without leakage secondary to nab-Paclitaxel (Abraxane): clinical experience with intravitreal bevacizumab.
- Combination anti-VEGF and corticosteroid therapy for idiopathic retinal vasculitis, aneurysms, and neuroretinitis syndrome.
- Chorioretinal folds: associated disorders and a related maculopathy.
- Diagnostic vitrectomy for primary intraocular lymphoma: when, why, how?
- Reply: To PMID 24531022.
- Fundus autofluorescence features in the inflammatory maculopathies.
- 2001 Alpha Omega Alpha 2001 Merck Manual Award
- 2000 Honor's Pathology Program
- 1998-2000 Endowment Scholar
- Retina Problems (vitreoretinal Diseases), Tumor, Surgical Procedures And More
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Tear
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
- MemberAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member Georgia Society of Ophthalmology
- Member Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Member International Society of Ocular Oncology
- Member Emory Healthcare Network Physician
- Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Ophthalmology; The Medical Ctr Inc, Transitional Year
- Emory University Hospital
- Emory University Affiliated Hospitals
- EMORY HEALTHCARE
Dr. Chris Sheldon Bergstrom M.D.'s Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30322Get Direction
Dr. Chris Sheldon Bergstrom M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bergstrom
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- What is Color Blindness?
Color blindness is not a real blindness but a deficiency in seeing colors. People having color blindness can’t distinguish between certain colors, like red and green, or blue and yellow. The red and green color deficiency is the most common type of this condition.What causes color blindness?It is...
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- Dr. William Barry Lee MD3225 Cumberland Blvd. Southeast Atlanta Georgia 30339
- Dr. Charles Lapeyre Thompson M.D.5825 Airline Hwy Baton Rouge LA 70805
- Dr. Stephen Hamilton MD3225 Cumberland Blvd Se Atlanta GA 30339
- Dr. Zane F Pollard MD5445 Meridian Marks Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Valerie Ilana Elmalem M.D.1365b Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Bryan G Jefferies MD2480 Windy Hill Rd Se Marietta GA 30067