Dr. Zaw Min is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Min specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Institute of Medicine
Dr. Zaw Min MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15212Get Direction
Dr. Zaw Min MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Do People Get Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is found all over the world, with the only exception being Antarctica, which means that it is possible to get the disease virtually anywhere in the world.What Causes Lyme disease?The main cause of Lyme disease is a spirochetal bacteria found under the Borrelia genus collectively known...
- Is There a Vaccine Against Lyme Disease?
Spring brings a well-heightened mood to play outdoors, but it also marks the unpleasant beginning of Lyme disease season after season. The disease is rarely chronic. If there is a delay in the treatment, it might cause arthritis, meningitis, and heart problems. The patients can recover completely...
- HIV: 5 Transmission Myths
What is HIV?HIV is a virus that was discovered in the 1980s. It attacks a person's immune system, causing it to be too weak to fight outside infections. The HIV virus works by destroying white blood cells, called CD4 cells, in the immune system, and progresses through three stages, the last of which...
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome: How to Treat Candida Overgrowth?
What is Candida?Candida is a form of yeast or fungus, which lives in the mouth or intestines. The main role of Candida, when in proper levels, is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. However, when there is an overproduction of Candida, it breaks down the wall of the intestines and...
- All About Early Disseminated Lyme Disease
What is Lyme disease and what causes it?Lyme disease is a bacterial infection commonly seen in North America and Europe. It is caused by a bacterium known as Borrelia burgdorferi. The bacteria is transmitted to humans through a tiny black-legged deer tick, which feeds on human blood....
- What Is the Difference Between AIDS and HIV?
The main difference between AIDS and HIV is that HIV is a virus whereas AIDS is a condition that is caused by HIV. People often confuse HIV and AIDS. Different diagnoses are used to identify both HIV and AIDS. However, they are said to go hand-in-hand and are very often used interchangeably to...
- Dr. Stephen M. Colodny M.D.101 Drake Rd Pittsburgh PA 15241
- Dr. Josephine Lontok M.D.200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Scott Robert Curry M.D.3601 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Usha rani Karumudi MD105 Braunlich Dr Pittsburgh PA 15237
- Dr. Jason Wesley Gillman MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Gus Jonathan Lewis D.O.Doctors Park 6a Greenville NC 27834