Dr. Laura Petersen is an internist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Petersen specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Petersen provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Racial differences in how patients perceive physician communication regarding cardiac testing.
- Contribution of the Veterans Health Administration in understanding racial disparities in access and utilization of health care: a spirit of inquiry.
- Racial differences in health-related beliefs, attitudes, and experiences of VA cardiac patients: scale development and application.
- Racial differences in trust: reaping what we have sown?
- Comparing performance of multinomial logistic regression and discriminant analysis for monitoring access to care for acute myocardial infarction.
- Measuring errors and adverse events in health care.
- Metcalfe's law predicts reduced power of Electronic Medical Record software.
- Getting funded. Career development awards for aspiring clinical investigators.
- Barriers to proliferation of electronic medical records.
- Use of smoking cessation interventions and aspirin for secondary prevention: are there racial disparities?
- Racial differences in cardiac catheterization as a function of patients' beliefs.
- Is lipid-lowering therapy underused by African Americans at high risk of coronary heart disease within the VA health care system?
- Comparison of the predictive validity of diagnosis-based risk adjusters for clinical outcomes.
- Racial differences in attitudes regarding cardiovascular disease prevention and
- Are primary care services a substitute or complement for specialty and inpatient services?
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Laura A. Petersen MD's Practice location
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
Dr. Laura A. Petersen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Athlete’s Foot Contagious?
Athlete's foot is an infection caused by a fungus, which affects the skin of the foot. This fungal infection is one of the most common skin problems. The infection starts from the toes and may spread to other areas of the body. The foot may start becoming itchy and scaly. The skin may also develop...
- Are Detox Diets Effective?
Body detoxes are becoming a popular fad among society. From celebrities, to the girl next door, everyone seems to raving over this complicated diet. A detox diet relies on a meal plan, or lifestyle change, that would help to remove toxins from your body. Companies are catching on to this trend;...
- How to Get Rid of a Boil: Homeopathic Treatment and Prevention
IntroductionA small bump on any part of the body is always a troublesome affair. Has anyone wondered whether it is just a boil or a pimple? Although the two often look so similar, they are actually two different things. A pimple and a boil may start out similarly, wherein there would be a reddish...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- Alternative Treatments for Gallstones
Alternative Treatments For GallstonesA huge percentage of gallstones never show symptoms, but the moment a stone stops moving on its way to the small intestines from the gallbladder, trouble begins. That’s when signs start occurring, among them severe pain on the ride side of the abdomen that...
- What is Listeriosis?
Listeriosis is a foodborne disease caused by the infection of the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes. This infection may cause severe symptoms in pregnant women and people who have a weak immune system. It may also affect newborns and the elderly. The symptoms are generally not very serious in the case...
- Dr. Muhammad Umair R. Qamar M.D.6565 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Anand Balasubramanian M.D.17030 Nanes Drive Houston Texas 77090
- Dr. Asaf Riyaz Qadeer M.D.7333 North Freeway Houston Texas 77076
- Anwar Ahmad M.D.2000 Crawford St Houston TX 77002
- Dr. Richard C. Lock M.D.12121 Richmond Avenue Houston Texas 77082
- Dr. Joseph E. Sleiman M.D.8221 Gulf Freeway Houston Texas 77017