Michael Lamont Aikens MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease3320 Skyway Dr Suite 701 Opelika AL, 36801
Dr. Michael Aikens is a cardiologist practicing in Opelika, AL. Dr. Aikens specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Aikens also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1992
Boston University School of Medicine 1992
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Endothelial cell fibrinolysis: transcriptional regulation of fibrinolytic protein gene expression (t-PA, u-PA, and PAI-1) by low alcohol.
- Ethanol downregulates transcription of the PAI-1 gene in cultured human endothelial cells.
- Ethanol-induced up-regulation of candidate plasminogen receptor annexin II in cultured human endothelial cells.
- Ethanol transcriptionally upregulates t-PA and u-PA gene expression in cultured human endothelial cells.
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Boston Univ Med Ctr/Univ Hp, Internal Medicine
Michael Lamont Aikens MD's Practice location
Opelika, AL 36801Get Direction
OPELIKA, AL 36801Get Direction
Michael Lamont Aikens MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Aikens
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- What You Need to Know About Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)
What is CHD?Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the disease that develops when there is an insufficient oxygen supply to the heart muscle by the coronary arteries. The most common reason for this is atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries with cholesterol plaques formation and narrowing of the arterial...
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- How Do High Cholesterol Levels Affect the Heart?
How Do High Cholesterol Levels Affect the Heart?Cholesterol is not that bad for our body – it has several important functions and is needed in moderate amounts. This compound is required to make new cells in the body, protect neurons, and also produce hormones. But when the amount of cholesterol...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- Brian A Foley MD2375 Champions Blvd Auburn AL 36830
- Joseph Arthur Deering MD2375 Champions Blvd Auburn AL 36830
- Donald W Rhodes MD994 Drew Ln Auburn AL 36830
- Ivan Lewis Slavich D.O.2375 Champions Blvd Auburn AL 36830
- Robert Frank Ingram MD994 Drew Ln Auburn AL 36830
- David G Holmes MD2375 Champions Blvd Auburn AL 36830