Dr. Li Kan MD
Neurologist | Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology13620 38th Ave Suite 7b Flushing NY, 11354
Dr. Li Kan practices Neuropathology in Flushing, NY. Dr. Kan studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Sun Yat Sen University Of Med Science Guangzhou China 1983
Zhongshan School of Medicine 1983
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Cerebral Palsy
- Learning Disabilities
- Bell's Palsy
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Child Neurology; Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Bridgeport Hosp, Pediatrics; Univ Ct Hlth Ctr/J Dempsey Hos, Pediatrics
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center Program
Dr. Li Kan MD's Practice location
Flushing, NY 11354Get Direction
Dr. Li Kan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kan
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatments Are Becoming More Effective, but Are Underfunded
Multiple sclerosis is considered a relatively rare disease, but a recent MS guideline published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence stated that with more than 400,000 cases in the US alone, MS has become the leading cause of physical disability in working age adults.Although...
- Alzheimer 's Disease: Understand the Diagnosis
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer’s disease is characterized by the gradual death of the brain cells, which affects the transmission of signals. This, in turn, impairs memory, judgement, and cognitive abilities of the patient, and they find it difficult to carry out the day-to-day activities...
- Diagnosing Epilepsy: What You Need to Know
Sometimes, it can be difficult to know if an individual is having a bout of seizure. It is also not easy for physicians to make a diagnosis on what type of epilepsy or seizure a person has since there are various disorders that can be confused with epilepsy.The very first step, and probably the most...
- World War II Veteran's Touching Serenade for His Wife of 75 Years
Edward and Betty’s Story94-year old pianist, Edward Hardy, may have lost several of his memories and skills due to dementia, but he definitely did not lose his ability to play the piano. For his wife Betty, there could not have been a better way to ring in their 75th anniversary than serenading...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Dr. Ian A. Stein MD170 Great Neck Road Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Tibor Becske M.D.560 1st Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Paul Herberton Gordon M.D.710 W 168th St New York NY 10032
- Dr. Anup Panduranga M.D.364 South East 8th Avenue Hillsboro Oregon 97123
- Dr. Nilay R. Shah MD14-01 BROADWAY STE 3 FAIR LAWN NJ 07410
- Dr. Ranga Chelva Krishna M.D.1513 Voorhies Ave Brooklyn NY 11235