Dr. Karen Mclennan is a speech language pathologist practicing in BELLE FOURCHE, SD. Dr. Mclennan specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mclennan evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mclennan helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Karen Liebl Mclennan M.S. CCC/SLP's Practice location
BELLE FOURCHE, SD 57717Get Direction
Mrs. Karen Liebl Mclennan M.S. CCC/SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Ms. Bethann Kay Mcfarland MSCCC/SLP520 N CANYON ST SPEARFISH SD 57783
- Mrs. Heather Rae Glasford MS CCC-SLP1107 CHARLES STREET SPEARFISH SD 57783
- Mrs. Julie Peldo CCC-SLP525 E ILLINOIS ST SPEARFISH SD 57783
- Kara Michelle Evans M.A. CCC-SLP555 KNOLL RD SPEARFISH SD 57783
- Lydia Kay Hughes1811 BRANDING IRON DR SPEARFISH SD 57783
- Ms. E. Anne Crosswait-degen MS, CCC-SLP1430 W CHARLES ST SPEARFISH SD 57783