Dr. Larry Walker is a general surgeon practicing in Nacogdoches, TX. Dr. Walker specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Walker provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1966
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Baylor Coll Of Med, General Surgery; Baylor Coll Of Med, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. Larry Leon Walker M.D.'s Practice location
Nacogdoches, TX 75961Get Direction
Dr. Larry Leon Walker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Walker
- How Is Liver Cancer Diagnosed?
How is Liver Cancer Diagnosed?Liver cancer is a common type of cancer which begins in the liver cells, or hepatocytes. Liver cancer is a cancer which affects one of the largest and most important organs of the body. Liver cancer is type of cancer which, when diagnosed at early stages, can be...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Gallstones?
The treatment plan for gallstones depends on each patient’s symptoms. The “active monitoring” system is recommended to people who show no symptoms. No treatment is required in such cases. However, if symptoms appear, it best to consult your doctor immediately. Most of the time, if you go...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What are the Surgeries Used in Treating Gallstones?
Right below the liver is a small sac known as the gallbladder. Its function is to hold bile until it is required. The bile helps in the digestion/breakdown of fats. When fats are noticed by the gallbladder, it pushes the bile concentrate towards the small intestine through contractions.Bile pigment,...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- Dr. Jason P Suits MD703 E Marshall Ave Longview TX 75601
- Dr. Donald E Cagle M.D.320 Russell Blvd Nacogdoches TX 75965
- Dr. Mel Cole M.D.1111 W Frank Ave Lufkin TX 75904
- Ms. Marian Kathleen Querry D.O.2850 Lewis Ln Paris TX 75460
- Dr. Steven Garza Garcia M.D.3601 4th St Lubbock TX 79430
- Dr. Chris R Chambers DO4255 Beecher Rd Flint MI 48532