Dr. David Namay is a cardiologist practicing in Charleston, WV. Dr. Namay specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Namay also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Wv Univ Sch of Med, Morgantown Wv 1975
West Virginia University School of Medicine 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Emory Univ Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Charleston Area Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Internal Medicine; West Virginia Univ Hosps, Internal Medicine
- Mayo Grad School Med 1976
David L Namay MD's Practice location
Charleston, WV 25304Get Direction
David L Namay MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Ventricular Tachycardia?
Tachycardia refers to rapid heartbeat, with more than 100 beats per minute. When this fast rhythm starts from the lower chambers of the heart (the ventricles) this condition is referred to as ventricular tachycardia. This fast beating heart rate may lead to a condition called ventricular...
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Sarah M Nease MD3100 Maccorkle Ave Charleston WV 25304
- Casey Shaun Hager M.D.2401 S 31st St Temple TX 76508
- Jashvantlal K Thakkar MD331 Laidley Street Charleston WV 25301
- Elie G Gharib MD4607 Maccorkle Ave Sw Charleston WV 25309
- William H Carter MD3100 Maccorkle Ave Charleston WV 25304
- Kishore K. Challa M.D., F.A.C.C.4607 MACCORKLE AVENUE SW SO CHARLESTON WV 25309