Dr. William Campbell is a general surgeon practicing in Gainesville, FL. Dr. Campbell specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Campbell provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 2009
- University of Florida Program
Dr. William Joseph Campbell M.D.'s Practice location
Gainesville, FL 32610Get Direction
SAVANNAH, GA 31405Get Direction
Dr. William Joseph Campbell M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- How to Diagnose and Treat Gallstones
Who are at risk of developing gallstones?- Obesity is one of the biggest risk factors in developing gallstones. It increases a person's overall cholesterol levels, making it difficult to maintain a completely empty bladder. - Women who are pregnant, on birth control pills, or taking hormonal...
- 5 Ways to Stay Comfortable After a Gallbladder Surgery
Gallbladder SurgeryGallbladder removal surgery is one of the most commonly performed surgeries. The procedure is also known as a cholecystectomy. Gallbladder surgery is usually performed to solve problems that are associated with gallstones. Gallstones are hardened deposits of the digestive fluid...
- Is Anal Fissure Surgery Dangerous?
Anal Fissure SurgeryIf other medications fail to get rid of anal fissure, a surgical procedure known as internal anal sphincterotomy may be necessary. It involves a small incision in one of the two anal muscles and is considered to be a minor surgery. Hence it can be offered as an outpatient...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cholecystectomy
A cholecystectomy is a type of surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Although the gallbladder’s function is to store bile, which helps in your digestion, you can still live a healthy life without it. Gallbladder removal through surgery is the most effective treatment in dealing with gallbladder...
- Dr. Nicole Ainsley Kissane MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Winston Thomas Richards MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Scott Charles Brakenridge MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Alicia M. Mohr M.D.30 Bergen St Newark NJ 07107
- Eric Kirk Thoburn MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Chasen Ashley Croft MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610