Dr. Sean Cunningham is an internist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Cunningham specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Cunningham provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1976
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1976
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
- High Cholesterol
- Neck Pain
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Central Ia Hlth Sys/Ia Methodi, Internal Medicine
- Central Iowa Health System (Iowa Lutheran Hospital) Program
Dr. Sean D Cunningham M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
Dr. Sean D Cunningham M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cunningham
- Urine Culture and Sensitivity Test: What Is It?
Urine Culture and Sensitivity TestA urine culture is a laboratory test that can identify specific types of germs that cause urinary tract infections. A urinary tract infection occurs when bacteria enter the urinary system through the urethra. Bacteria can rapidly grow and multiply, and cause an...
- What Are Roundworms?
What are roundworms?Roundworms are a type of parasitic worms that infect the human intestine. Roundworms may vary and size and have a characteristic long, round body. These parasitic worms can cause a number of health problems in humans. They can enter the human body through the mouth and direct...
- What Are Proven Ways to Boost My Energy?
There are a number of simple lifestyle changes that are helpful in improving your energy levels and keep you tuned in for the entire day. These simple strategies may take some time to become habitual, but once you get the hang of it you will see immediate results....
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- What Is the Impact of Low Blood Pressure on Health?
Our body has certain parameters to maintain its normal functioning. Blood sugar levels and blood pressure readings are just a couple of screenings that can determine the body's functioning system. While having a high blood pressure is more commonly regarded by most people as dangerous, some people...
- How Can I Prevent Premature Graying?
As pigmentation cells stop producing the pigment, gray hair is the result. It may also be bleached by the accumulation of hydrogen peroxide, a chemical naturally produced in the body. In most cases, graying occurs by the time an individual is 30-years-old. Most people have gray hair by the time they...
- Dr. Sarah Ann Garner MD1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. John A Carstensen MD2505 Flagler Ave Key West FL 33040
- Dr. Jay A Rosenberger DO1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Eric J Holm MD1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Melissa Ashbacher Myers MD1701 E Broadway Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Christopher M Covert DO1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309