Dr. Lawrence S. Frank M.D.
Ophthalmologist121 Congressional Ln Suite 412 Rockville MD, 20852
Dr. Lawrence Frank is an ophthalmologist practicing in Rockville, MD. Dr. Frank specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Frank can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Frank can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 1980
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Geo Washington Univ Hosp, Ophthalmology; Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Internal Medicine
- George Washington University Program A
Dr. Lawrence S. Frank M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Lawrence S. Frank M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Frank
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- What Are the Side Effects of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism are eye disorders that can be rectified through eye surgery, enabling you to avoid the tedium of using glasses and contact lenses to see distant objects and to read comfortably. In Lasik eye surgery, an excimer laser removes tissue from the cornea,...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is a long-term complication of diabetes that affects the eyes. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that diabetic retinopathy is responsible for 4 percent of the 45 million cases of blindness throughout the world. It is caused by a damage to the blood vessels of the...
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- Dr. Renee C. Bovelle M.D.12200 Annapolis Road Glenn Dale Maryland 20769
- Dr. Alisa Kim M.D.2403 Research Boulevard Rockville Maryland 20850
- Dr. Nancy Ann Tanchel M.D.8321 Old Courthouse Rd Vienna VA 22182
- Dr. Anna Park MD106 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Marshall Phillip Keys MD121 Congressional Ln Rockville MD 20852
- Dr. Jeevan Mathura MD1160 Varnum ST NE Washington DC 20017