Dr. Susan Gordon is a psychologist practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Gordon specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Gordon evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Gordon because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Susan Ellen Gordon PH.D.'s Practice location
Washington, DC 20057Get Direction
Susan Ellen Gordon PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Types of Bipolar Disorder?
What is bipolar disorder?Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterized by extreme mood swings. The mood swings can be extremely high or low. They can last a few hours, days, weeks or even months. The mood swings consist of mixed emotions both of extreme happiness or extreme depression.Bipolar...
- What Is Sexting?
What is sexting?Sexting is an exchange of sexts via mobile phone. So, what is a sext? A sext is an explicit photo or sexy text, (simply put: blend of sex and text), that partners are exchanging, which often evolves into a whole sexting conversation. The sext does not have to be just a text with a...
- Helping a Loved One Cope with Depression
Depression is a serious mood disorder that can really change the way people live their life. However, depression can be treated with the help and support of people who truly care about the welfare of a person who is depressed. Most people who frequently feel depressed need intervention and treatment...
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- Behavioral and Emotional Meltdowns in Children with Autism
Parents of children with autism sometimes need to deal with physical and/or emotional outbursts. They could be out-of-control aggressive episodes which include screaming, shouting and crying. They may escalate into kicking, lashing out, and even biting.These episodes are not ‘temper tantrums’,...
- Reducing Anxiety with Exercise
People who have chronic diseases, like heart conditions and arthritis may benefit from exercising, according to a study published in, Archives of Internal Medicine. Exercise may help to relieve anxiety and improve the quality of life in these people. Results of this study add to the growing body of...
- Leslie K. Dalton6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD3000 Connecticut Ave NW Washington D.C 20008
- Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD4809 St Elmo Avenue Bethesda MD 20814
- Dr. Katherine Grace MacLean PSYD1555 Connecticut Avenue NW Washington DC 20036
- Samira Joron-Badr20509 Morningside Terrace Sterling VA 20165
- Dr. Don A. Miller PHD316 F Street North East Washington DC 20002